“Amazing presentation of succulent nourishment?!”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 163 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-70 exit 254
Description: Chart House is a fine dining restaurant serving seafood & steak and famous for their spectacular views. For more than 50 years, Chart House has redefined the ideal dining experience. With 27 waterfront and showcase locations ranging from the historic to the unforgettable, Chart House restaurants specialize in dazzling views, unique cuisine and exceptional service. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, the renowned chefs of Chart House have tailored a menu that adds a unique touch to local flavors. And the Chart House happy hour is a guest favorite, where guest favor our signature cocktails and delicious bites you are sure to enjoy. Our original Hot Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect end to a memorable dining experience at Chart House. Chart House offers the ideal setting for your next event. We would be happy to assist you with all the details of your special occasion.
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We were seated promptly at our reservation time at a table for four (two booth seats) which was quite close to neighboring tables. Our concern about noise was unfounded, however. Even though other diners were near us, we could not hear their conversations; amazing?! The Kim Chee Calamari ($14 for platter) was almost indescribable, melt in your mouth tastiness. The chopped salad ($7.50) was huge and surprisingly one of the best ever eaten, ever, the dressing perfect. The hummus trio ($9.50) was nice but nothing special as was the New England clam chowder ($8). Two of us ordered the 7 ounce filet mignon ($35) which was accompanied by mashed potatoes. The filet was prepared exactly as ordered and nearly melted in our mouths. The short ribs ($27.50) were perfect with a Cabernet demi-glace. One of our party enjoyed the special of tilapia with crab sauce; tasty! To finish off our evening, we all enjoyed sharing two portions of the hot chocolate lava cake ($11.50). Service was attentive with food delivery well-timed.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Restaurant is way overpriced for the food that you get, Seating is tightly spaced. Service is generally good. The Happy hour, however, is excellent; great price for alcohol and food

Reviewed 26 February 2016

A bit pricey, but an excellent choice for a special occasion. Parking a bit of a challenge when we were there, but very good food and very good service. Outdoor seating looked lovely, with fires going, but it was too chilly to brave that. We were passing through and this spot was recommended by our hotel. We started with the coconut shrimp appetizer which was not only good, but fabulous in presentation. My husband had prime rib which was excellent; I had scallops which were also very good. Would recommend.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Beautiful spot to have a restaurant. Arrived a bit early and sat at the bar and was impressed by Travis the bartender. He served a most delicious dirty martini with gray goose. We got seated in a beautiful corner and Meg our waitress was professional and spot on. Our crab stuffed mushrooms were delicious and tasted quite nice. The Caesar salad was the best I've had. It was toss lightly and had the perfect amount of dressing. The shaved Parmesan cheese was out of this world. The bowl of clam chowder was hot perfectly seasoned and had the right amount of clams, potatoes and all of the ingredients to make it a perfect soup. Jeni's crab cake entrée was delicious and tasty. Unfortunately my fillet was over cooked. I ate the scallops with the ratatouille but having an over cook fillet just wasn't right. Our server Meg quickly brought me a new fillet cooked the way I enjoy but it through the timing of the entire meal off. My meal was taken off the bill, a nice touch. Our server Meg was fantastic. I'll definitely try again.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Worst culinary experience in 37 years of existence! The aim was to have a cozy, tasty and festive Christmas dinner and the entire experience turned out to be a disappointing nightmare. Heating system was apparently not working and people dining in jackets and coats, freezing! Service was extremely slow, unable to find server for long periods of time. When my crab cakes finally made it, they were iced cold and it took over 15 minutes to locate the server by which time my other half was finished with dinner. I got up and found the manager. He was clearly overwhelmed, seemed as if he had lost control of the place and could only say "I am sorry." Other than that he did not have the professional decency to try and make the situation at least a tiny bit better. Very disappointing experience and an overall fiasco.

1  Thank NAG291978

Been to Chart House? Share your experiences!