US$159
The Canyon Motel(Hot Sulphur Springs)
US$79
US$149
US$132
Gateway Inn(Grand Lake)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$178
Orbitz.com
US$165
US$150
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstrap shootingropes coursehorseback ridingskeet shootingfamily vacationkids programcorporate retreatnew friendsthe barntalent showhead wranglerhatchet throwingan amazing vacationkids and adultsyear oldshot tubfeel like family
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Between the extraordinary location and vistas, and the over-the-top kind and helpful staff, this was a place that I genuinely hated to leave. If you happen to enjoy wine, they have, on top of everything else, an exceptional cellar and a most engaging sommelier.

I count myself lucky for having experienced the C Lazy U Ranch.

Oh, one more thing. I went by myself, but because of the family-style seating, I never felt alone and made wonderful new friends. Carlos, if you're reading this, that would be YOU!

Room Tip: They have bungalos for singles. Aspen was a really nice one.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Mitzie,

Thank you for your kind review after your recent visit to the C Lazy U Ranch. I appreciate you commenting on our Sommelier, Shelby Peterson –she is a special lady with a true love of wine and the culture of wine. New for 2017, we are proud to announce the introduction of our new function room space, Latigo and its amazing new centerpiece, the beautiful glassed in above ground wine cellar.

I am glad you enjoyed the Aspen Cabin. That is one of our most recently renovated cabins and for many years was the “honeymoon” cabin.

I hope you (and Carlos) will return again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Our family is far-flung, and we like to gather at destination resorts. We've gathered at several dude ranches, and the C Lazy U is the most satisfactory one yet.

Dude ranches feature horseback riding. Our group ranges from Ms. 5 year old, to adults in the "I don't really know how to ride", to "I compete at a high level in various equestrian sports." We were all satisfied with our mounts and the rides and trails we were offered.

Some dude ranches offer rides and a few other experiences. C Lazy U has a wide range of activities available, from hiking (guided or on your own) to fly fishing, to adventure activities like a ropes course and a zip line. The ranch also has a volleyball court, a basketball court, and tennis courts. I can't say anything about these courts, as I did not use them, but others in my family group did--and enjoyed them.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear LizDitz,

Thank you for your kind TripAdvisor review. I am glad that the C Lazy U Ranch met the needs of your diverse family. We are very proud of our herd of almost 200 horses and we take great pride in their care and ensuring that we have plenty of horses available for riders of varying needs. We work diligently to offer a wide variety of activity options and I am glad your family took advantage of some of them. I hope you’ll have an opportunity to return during our peak summer months when we add a wide range of offerings to our evening activities including, kid’s carnival, talent show, karaoke, square dancing, live music and more.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My family had the most wonderful winter wonderland vacation at the C Lazy U Ranch this past January. My husband and I took our 3 Florida girls (ages 10, 13, & 13) to have their first Colorado winter experience. Paul, who is the epitome cowboy, greeted us before we even exited our car and helped us get settled in. And each ranch staffer we encountered throughout our stay seemed only concerned with accommodating us in any way possible. From the adorable and friendly dinner crew, to the fun and energetic activity guides and directors - everyone we met always had a warm smile and a kind, helpful attitude.

We were disappointed at first to learn the pond wasn't available to skate on, since that was what one of our daughters was most looking forward to, but you can't control the weather and the higher then norm temps made it a bit too wet. We did, however, have plenty of other fun options to choose from and were never lacking for something to do.

One of our favorite activities was afternoon tubing. My youngest, who has a fear of heights, was sure she would hate it, but agreed to try it once. This ended up being her favorite activity of all! Not only did she love the thrill of speeding down the mountain, but she absolutely adored Nancy, who would send her down spinning with a piece of a story that she would then relay to the the CLU crew at the bottom of the hill. Each tuber took turns telling the crew below a little more of the story until they had finished. What fun!! Nancy also ran Bingo one night after dinner, which the adults seemed to enjoy just as much as the kids.

I highly recommend taking a snowmobile tour. It's such an incredible way to view the expansive property - we were constantly in awe of the beauty around us. Horseback riding and skeet shooting were other favorites of ours. We even went downhill skiing at the nearby Granby Ranch ski resort. The CLU staff recommended this resort over the larger ones in the area since our girls had never snow skied before. It was perfect! Even my snowboarding husband was pleased with the slopes at Granby.

After dinner on our last night, Paul branded our boots with the CU logo. I mean really, how cool is that?? And speaking of dinner, I can not end this review without talking about the food! My crew loves to eat almost as much as we love to travel. Every meal we were served at the CLU was superb! Every. Single. One. From the presentation to the savory options, they never disappointed any of us. We even tried for the first time, and enjoyed, I might add, rabbit and pork stew, Yorkshire pudding, and mackerel. These weren't the main dishes, but we loved having the opportunity to try new foods along with some old favorites.

The C Lazy U Ranch had been on our bucket list for quite a while before we ventured out there, and it sure didn't disappoint. Our girls were talking about going back before we had even left the ranch!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer J

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing the C Lazy U Ranch for your destination of choice to introduce your children to the quintessential western winter experience. I appreciate you identifying Paul and Nancy – they are both wonderful people who really typify the wholesome ranch experience we try diligently to deliver. I am glad you enjoyed our winter horseback riding – that can be a stunning way to enjoy the ranch scenery in the winter season. Thank you for pointing out your satisfaction with our meals – we try diligently to exceed expectations and challenge palettes with some new western inspired innovations.

I hope we’ll see you and your girls back again very soon!

GM

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Getting invited for a 40th birthday party seemed exciting but a lot of work for a family of 4 traveling from California to colorado... but let me tell you it was WELL worth it. We went with four other families ( total 5 from all over the US) with 11 kids ranging from 10 weeks to 8 years old. Every kid and every adult had a blast. Front the amazing cabins, great food, awesome activities & beautiful scenery it was hands down one of our favorite trips. I highly recommend anyone considering a dude ranch to try this " piece of paradise". Thank you to all the amazing staff especially Amy who helped us out during dinner with our crazy kid crew! Lol . .. we will be back .. and thank you to everyone who made this trip so special for our family of 4! The LaFleurs

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear LaFleur family,

Thank you for your kind comments subsequent to your recent visit to the C Lazy U Ranch. I am glad it was the right fit for your family and everyone had a fulfilling experience. I appreciate you recognizing Ami’s dedication to your family experience – I know she has fond memories of getting ‘dog piled’ with your kids in front of the main lodge! The C Lazy U is the ideal destination for family reunions due to the fact that our kid’s counselors keep younger children entertained while adults can do some catching up!

I look forward to your return to the C Lazy U.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Visited this ranch for a retreat. It was fabulous! Ranch staff is friendly with 5 star fservice and accommodations. Best views both at lodge & while riding. Excellent food & nice wine selection! This ranch lives up to its excellent rating. Checkout the daily jingle when the 200 horses come in for daily rides.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear CinK0804

Thank you for your kind review of the C Lazy U Ranch. I am glad you enjoyed our ranch and pleased to see that you were able to see the “jingle”. Seeing 200 horses lope through the ranch is an amazing site to behold. You can almost feel the energy through the ground and these horses thunder by only 10 feet away. It's a once in a life time experience that happens twice a day, six days a week in the summer!

I hope we’ll see you back at the C Lazy U.

Best wishes,