All reviews trap shooting ropes course horseback riding family vacation skeet shooting kids program corporate retreat new friends fly fishing the barn talent show head wrangler hatchet throwing other guests wood burning fireplace kids and adults year olds
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Our family of 11 in 3 generations went back for a 3rd time and had the best ever experience. Not only was it the 4th of July week with the most awesome fireworks right on sight, but we have become friends with many of the wranglers and staff who are incredibly dedicated to making every one of us have the time of our life. Each member of our family from the 6 & 7 year olds to the teens and parents and grandparents everyday have a long list of outdoors activities plus special events. I am sure we'll be back for more.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank MVP_10
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear MVP,

Thank you for making the C Lazy U Ranch a family tradition. We appreciate your continued patronage and are pleased to see that each year eclipses the one previous in terms of a high-quality experience. The week of 4th of July is a very special week each year – with our own 4th of July parade finishing with 200 horses running out to pasture and a spectacular fireworks show, the experience is very unique. We very much look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Itis our 2nd time in the Ranch with our family, and definitely not the last...

First time was in March 2016 (winter) and this time was the week of 4th July (summer) which was impressive!!! all the activities, parade, fire works, INCREDIBLE!

I have no words to express the wonderfull experience we have had both times! Each season has its own magic.

The staff is incredible, hearing the employers calling you, by your own name is just a wonderfull feeling, you feel like is your own house and that the guests are your family..... everyone is SOO NICE!!! Food is delicious and activities fun... what more we can ask for?????

C Lazy U is the perfect place to go with all the family..... there are activities for all ages, and for all tastes! The horseback riding is an excellent experience and Bill is the best in picking the best horse for each person. Thank you Bill, I was scared and end up loving my horse and galloping!
Even if you don't want to horseback ride, there are plenty of things to do at the ranch!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank aluzioch

Dear Aluzioch,

Thank you for your kind review after your 4th of July-week visit to the ranch. You’ve absolutely captured the family style atmosphere we try to create at the ranch. We are blessed by a wonderful head wrangler in Bill Fisher – who, with over 50 years of experience is exceptional at matching horses and rider and ensuring that safety is a top priority. I hope to see you back at the C Lazy U.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My family and I spent a week at the Ranch to celebrate my father-in-law's 70th birthday. We had an unforgettable trip during seven days. The rooms are pretty comfortable, the staff was outstanding and made our experience truly special. The food was delicious with great variety for kids and adults. One of the most unique experiences we had was the horseback riding, and that would have never been possible if it weren't for the experienced wrangles we had on every ride. An avid mountain biker, I was surprised and impressed by the high quality of mountain bikes they had on Ranch - truly top of the line. What made the trip unforgettable was the chance to ride over 100 miles with Don, Paul, Brady, and Mike. The made my biking experience on the Ranch epic. Andres Roblero

Room tip: Higher floors have better views of the Ranch.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, Director of Sales at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Andres,

Thank you for you great TripAdvisor review. I personally enjoyed our amazing mountain bike rides. Moose Paddle and 3D are two of my favorite rides on ranch and you have to be a strong rider to enjoy these two rides, so I'm glad you were excited to get out and ride every day. I know that Mike, Paul, Don and Ami all enjoyed riding with you too. You rode more miles in a week then most guests ride all summer. I'm glad you enjoyed the new Spot Bikes in our fleet. We are proud of our new equipment and partnership with Spot and I'm about to trade in my bike for one. I hope to see you back next year or in the future so we can ride again.

Brady
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We sent a week at the C Lazy U during early June of this year. It was during their first week of the Summer season and our extended family of 12 occupied the entire Crest and Hill suite of cabins. The ranch is everything you would expect from a classic dude ranch vacation but everything is kicked up several notches in terms of service and style. I would not classify this place as luxurious in that cabins are pretty basic but very functional. What separates the C Lazy U from all other guest ranches is the service. It's as if the employees thrive on satisfying challenges and surpassing the needs of the guests. You name it, if you ask, they seem to deliver. Whether it was looking for a chai tea at breakfast, soy milk, or in our case, actually completely swapping out a bed in one of the cabins, the crew at the C Lazy U delivers.

And, remember, this is a highly rated resort (not long ago, Conde Nast Magazine ranked it the #1 resort in all of CO and the #4 resort in all America. Where else will you find a dude ranch that employs a sommellier?? The food is generally very, very good and the variety is surprising considering the location off the beaten track.

These guys know how to make a week FLY BY. Those in our group that wanted to ride horses all week, did so and had a tremendous time. Others hiked, sat at the pool or just relaxed. We all enjoyed the communal meals and especially the pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers (lamb chop lolli-pops were an absolute highlight!). Shelby is in charge of the wines and does a great job. Scott Paul, Dale and Bill seem to have things tuned in perfectly and Nancy runs a great kids program. And, don't forget that this ranch also houses a full spa! The spa is awesome with therapy "rooms" fabricated out of tents that are cantilevered over Willow Creek and offer plexiglass floors so you can hear - AND SEE -- the water rushing below you during that well-earned massage!

All in all, this was an absolutely awesome vacation. Highly recommended!

Room tip: We only stayed in the Hill and Crest Cabins. I recommend asking for a cabin closest to the main lodge (less uphil hiking in cowboy boots!)
1  Thank ChiTownTravlR
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear ChiTownTrvlR,

Thank you for such a glowing review. I greatly appreciate your kind feedback and your thoughtful insight on our service personnel. It is the quality of our team of which are most proud and we work diligently to identify team members who have the service gene running in their blood. You’ve hit the nail on the head when you describe our exceed expectations at all costs mentality. I appreciate that you’ve identified some of the areas where we try to really excel, including horseback riding, food and beverage service and the spa experience. I sincerely hope you’ll return to the C Lazy U Ranch.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 23 June 2017

If you want a great, relaxing vacation for all the family in a gorgeous environment, this is the place to be.
The staff is well-trained and truly nice with kids, teen and adults.
The activity and the spa are well-thought and well-run.
Try it. Whether you ride or not, you wont regret it.

Room tip: All cabins have private entrance.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your kind remarks and for noticing our team. We are very proud of our team members and work quite diligently to select the best of the best from approximately 1,000 applicants each year. We recognize that many ranches and lodging accommodations have wonderful landscapes and accommodations so we want to truly distinguish ourselves by offering exceptional service provided by a caring team of hospitality professionals.

I hope to see you again at the C Lazy U Ranch,