“Fresh Sushi, The Best Sushi Chef (Yandri), Great Cocktail!”

Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 130 Restaurants in Highlands Ranch
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Meadows Drive and Yosemite
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My girlfriend and I sat at the sushi counter today and had the best experience! We were educated on what region each fish came from, given a sample on something that we had never tried, and the presentation was beautiful. Yandri (our Sushi Chef) could not be kinder if he tried. Also, the manager made us a special cocktail. It was delicious!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

While the sushi is very good, I highly recommend this restaurant for its cook at table Japanese steak house experience! The food is excellent and the service great as well. The pricing is medium high which is the only thing holding it back from the 5th star in my mind. Wonderful to entertain the kids and grandkids!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

The Sushi Chefs are amazing here. They know how to slice and prepare the sushi dishes. A friend took me here who works for Toyota. He said that when the management flies in from Tokyo, that this is one of their favorite places to come to. I know why! It's because of the freshness of the fish and because of the sushi chefs!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

My wife and I go here about twice a year, and have done so for the last 4 or 5 years. Birthdays, anniversaries, or just to have a romantic night out. The food is really good. I always have the Samurai special (steak, chicken, and shrimp), with fried rice. Every meal (I think) comes with miso soup, salad, and a choice of ice cream...at least that is what we get every time.
We love the food, however, we have been there so many times that the cooks' "show" is now routine. We know all of the lines by heart, from the train whistle to the "Japanese microwave." Don't get me wrong though, the food alone is worth it, as is the Volcano, a drink for two, flaming in the middle, with two long straws...another one of our staples when we go there. If you haven't been there, you must go. We will keep going whether or not the cooks change their routines. We love it.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Went with a coworker, sashimi was good but didn't see sockeye or wild salmon sashimi. Nice yellow ginger, it was tasty. The rainbow roll was good but nothing special. Nice atmosphere and good service. Would consider it again but only if in the area.