“Great Atmosphere at Old Time Soda Fountain”

San Juan Soda Company
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Lake City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stumbled upon this place by accident as we were walking the row of art galleries and shops along Silver Street. As soon as I saw the very cool old soda fountain, I knew that I wanted some ice cream even though I was still stuffed after eating lunch at the nearby Southern Vittles. I just can't say "no" to ice cream! They had a great selection of flavors and I picked two, which were both excellent. I enjoyed them while browsing the many locally made crafts (lots of gorgeous pottery) and admiring the stunning plates and bowls from Poland.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

As an older person who remembers REAL chocolate sodas from my childhood, this place took me back. Sodas are available in many flavors, but try the classic chocolate soda with vanilla ice cream. OMG! It was as good as any I ever had before. A must-visit spot in charming Lake City.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We've been going there for 37 years and it is a favorite stop for us for ice cream, old-fashioned sodas, great fresh limeades, and milkshakes. You are likely to find some kitchen items or other fun purchases in the store as well. This is a must stop.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

When visiting Lake City, you don't want to miss this old-fashioned ice cream counter. It is the only place that I order an ice cream soda, and they make it from scratch. Our whole family looks forward to eating ice cream here each summer. Yum!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Go here. The crafts will draw you in. GET ICE CREAM!!! Seriously. Forget any diet, order a double sundae. Do not hesitate. Friendly staff.