“"Authentic" keeps popping up ...”
Review of Durango Restaurant

Durango Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Reviewed 4 June 2017

... and it will help if one has a basic feel for traditional Mexican menu items. Durango is a modest, clean place with friendly service. Great for families but you can get a Mexican beer here, too, though there is no bar. I had breakfast at Durango one morning while my motorcycle was being serviced at Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, a short walk away. Free chips and salsa, good coffee, and steamy tortillas. My breakfast -- with eggs, beans, rice, salsa, and a lettuce and tomato garnish came to $12.40. I'll be back!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Had lunch here on the recommendation of one of my customers. This is a great out-of-the-way place that is known to the locals. If you are looking for good authentic Mexican food make sure you give this place a try. They offer a wide variety of dishes with rich complex flavors developed by braising the meats slowly. I always look for these types of places when I travel for this very reason, its a small place that really cares about the food they produce.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Not much to look at, but the food is great, never had a bad meal. Very authentic Mexican food. Try the #17 Asado de puerco ( Pork stew in red sauce) and the gorditas.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Just went last night and haven't been there in a while but....The waitress remembered us and after asking how long they've been open and we've been customers we realized 15 years had gone by and her kids are grown we have grandkids and the food is still the same great flavor, quality and reasonable price as always. Small place (maybe 30 people) giant taste!!! Consistent is a major factor in a good dependable hometown place and this is it! We recommend their burritos ($3.50 each) especially the shredded beef and the puerco asada (the sauce is awesome). I love the puerco asada dinner as well as the enchiladas montadas (means enchilada mounted with an egg on top).
Even with a beer the tab is about $20 for 2. Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

Having been to Mazatlan and 5 other mexican tourist cities when we come home to longmont it is nice to have an authentic mexican dinner. It always reminds us of our trips to Mexico. We came here on a buy one get one free coupon when they opened, maybe 6 years ago. We've come back more times than we can count. The burritos are stuffed and even without beans inside the chicken or pulled pork or puerco asada are always my husband's favorite and smothered. Their red sauce that you dip your tortilla chips can be found no place else, we've even bought some to take home. Muy sabrosa! Very tasty! I've eaten the enchiladas montadas (enchiladas topped with a fried egg) with beans, rice and salad many times and love it. They have the coldest beer on the planet, as well as soft drinks and fresh milk spooned out with a dipper from a large cask. Try it you'll like it!

1  Thank Juliette B