“Unique custard...NOT ice cream.”

Colorado Custard Company
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Description: We make the best Custard in the West. Come blend your favorite topping into our fresh frozen Custard.
Reviewed 9 January 2015

The true custard shop of Manitou Springs. Enjoy antime during the year but warmer weather provides the perfect atmosphere for walking around Manitou and licking the chocolate custard cones!!

3  Thank Timcito

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Tried Avalanches - like a DQ blizzard but much better. Creamy and delicious with nice tasty mix-ins. Handy location in a fun town on a beautiful day. Don't miss it if you like ice cream type treats.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Whenever we come into town I have to stop here and get an avalanche. They are amazingly yummy and just the right treat to stroll down the Main Street.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

When a local recommended this place to satisfy my ice cream craving, I knew I was right where I should be. The Mountaineer (vanilla frozen custard with fresh raspberries and hot fudge in the center) was PHENOMENAL and the owner and his daughter an equal delight. You might have a short wait, but that's what happens when you visit the best!

1  Thank HBSonGal
Reviewed 29 September 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 had just finished hiking in Green Mountain Falls, and we decided to try Colorado Custard Company based on the reviews below. We were not disappointed. Our favs: Incline Avalanche, Girl Scout Thin Mint Avalanche, and the Cherry Pie Avalanche. I also thought the chicken salad sandwich was a healthy, fresh, and rewarding treat after a nice long hike. Excellent location, and Matt Carpenter (the owner and famous Pikes Peak runner,) served us himself. He was very kind, friendly, and gave us tips about what trails to run. Don't miss this local treat!