“This place is bad”

Payares Gril & Cantina
Ranked #71 of 102 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I took my wife out to dinner Friday 8/11/17.
Never been here before and thought we would try it. Big mistake!
Karaoke was so loud had to talk rather loud to one another.
Food oh my
1) little portions
2)very little sour cream and gaucamole and charged $2.00 for a little more
3) I had enchiladas very little filling I believe they where the frozen kind could not order
a chicken or a cheese really!!!!!
4) wife ordered a quesadilla very little filling again.
here it was 615pm and very few people in the place.
if you are after a drink and karaoke by all means it is a place for you to eat forget it .

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My friends were in town and wanted to go get a drink. I let them choose where they would like to go. One of my friends choose this place because of it's close location to my house. When we arrived there it took around 5 minutes to get someone to seat us. It was Karaoke night and you had to yell to talk to people at your own table. We moved outside so we could talk but that wasn't much better. This is just a hang out for a small group of people.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

This place is busiest late Thursday/Friday nights for Karaoke. We occasionally visit for breakfast but the food is below average in quality (re-heated frozen sausage patties, etc). Have had some questionable experiences with service here too (long delays, "forgotten" tables, grumpy attitude about kitchen mistakes).

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Had to wait to be seated even though it wasn't busy. The staff must of forgot us because we had to ask to get our order taken. I had to choose another item on the menu due to the fact they were out of what I ordered. When we received our food it was cold and undercooked. This is one of the worst reviewed places in town.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We decided to give this place another shot and again it was bad. First we waited at the door for a long period of time. The staff walked by us several times and acted like we didn't exist. Second it took 15 minutes to get our order placed. Third they were out of what I ordered. Fourth the food was cold by the time we received it.

1  Thank pfrench4gw8

Been to Payares Gril & Cantina? Share your experiences!