“Interesting mix of dishes”
Review of Junz

Junz
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Parker
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2015

We've lived in Parker for 14 years and have never been to this restaurant. Our neighbors keep telling us how much they love the sushi, so we decided to try it out. The menu is a little confusing because it seems part sushi bar, part tapas bar and part upper end asian fusion. The sushi rolls didn't have much in the way of description and our waiter was only on his third day so couldn't make many recommendations, so we just got a Junz roll. It was pretty much like any california roll I've had. So, clearly we missed out on the fabulous sushi at the restaurant. On the flip side, we got a few small plates and an entree and they were very good. The only small plate that was off was the seafood dynamite. Again, not much of a description, so, silly me, thinking I'm in an Asian restaurant thought it would be like seafood dynamite I've had elsewhere (in other words, spicy, probably with some kind of syracha-based sauce). It was more like an Italian seafood bake. Tomato based with a lot of cheese. It wasn't bad, just not what I'd expected at all. The small plate scallops and black sea bass were divine! Highly recommend them. My husband had the Teriyaki steak and it was quite good too. I think next time we'll have to go with our neighbors so they can tell us what the good sushi is to try. Service was good (even the new guy) and the food came out quite fast (faster than we saw sushi coming out so maybe it was better that we didn't order sushi). It is a bit pricey for Parker, but I wouldn't call it overpriced for the quality of food. The seafood tasted very fresh and the steak was definitely a good quality cut (although I am not sure what it was because, again, the menu didn't say). My only complaint is the lack of description of the food, especially for dishes that have something that sounds like a common dish (seafood dynamite) that is a different take. We'll definitely try again.

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

The food is always fresh and delicious. Service is great. Always have a good experience. Be sure to make reservations
On the weekend.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

I had dinner there one evening with my son and daughter-in-law. This was our first time at this restaurant. I'm not a big fan of Japanese food and don't like sushi, but opted to take a chance.

I found they have Halibut on the menu and that's what I ordered. It was fabulous! The restaurant is very nicely decorated, simple but with a touch of elegance. It was a little pricey for me, but the Halibut was definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

I had lived in Japan for the last 15 years full time and maintain a part time residence currently. I am an expat, not military or mission work, etc; and I am in the food/beverage industry. My wife and family are Japanese and we were so excited to find out that here, in little ol' Parker, there is a "real" Japanese restaurant owned by Japanese . The menu is of course "Americanized" with sushi dishes you would never see in Japan and a great offering of non-Japanese dishes. I would warn you that the service is extremely slow as they are busy but they do their best and deliver quality dishes. I wouldn't expect a warm and fuzzy experience even if you speak Japanese and frequent the place almost weekly. They treat people very coldly by comparison to other restaurateurs, even as a a white guy gives them compliments and conversations in formal Japanese, but that's ok. If you want a friend, get a dog. If you want great food and real Japanese dishes - go to Junz.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with a client. We were pleased with their options for sushi. We were seated right away and well taken care of. We ordered an assortment of sushi rolls and found them gone very quickly. If you are hungry for sushi I would recommend this restaurant.