“It was absolutely awesome.”
Review of Captain Zipline

Captain Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Zipline is now an Adventure Park! Come and play in our canyon on our best-in-the-west Canyon Aerial Course ... Fly across our ziplines while on the Lost Canyon Zipline Tour ... Or climb the cliffs while attached to a safety tether on our Via Ferrata Courses! Captain Zipline has created an amazing "jungle gym" in the canyon--a challenge course with elements such as swinging bridges, tightropes, cargo nets, balance beams, a trapeze, etc. The tour has over 100 elements with courses that are rated like those of the ski resorts--from entry level to black diamond! Guests can now book the Canyon Aerial Course and Zipline tours online. We also have a new Visitor's Center, located only about 1 mile from the Park. This Center is our NEW Meeting Place for ALL TOURS: 1500 County Road 45, Salida, CO 81201.
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My son, daughter-in-law, two teenage grand daughters, my husband and I rode the Zipline on Sunday, September 11, 2011. It was a surprise birthday present for me and I have never had so much fun. The guides, Preston and his partner, were so helpful and made you feel safe and comfortable. It was a wonderful experience and I would do it again in a heart beat. The other interesting part of the Zip was the history the guides presented about the area which was an added feature. Good job guys - I won't forget this birthday for a long time.

Fayeanne Sharrar
Loveland, CO

1  Thank Fayeanne S

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Captain Zipline provided our entire group with an afternoon of exhilarating fun. Our two guides were extremely knowledgeable and both had a terrific sense of humor that made the whole adventure more enjoyable for all of us. They provided excellent training on the equipment and their expertise gave everyone a feeling of safety, which was vital considering the canyons we were to to zip over. Being an engineer, and also concerned for our safety in general, I checked out the equipment and the zipline construction in particular very carefully. The equipment provided, which we used on the lines (cable trolleys, harnesses, carabiners, and helmets) were all in very good condition. The ziplines cables themselves seemed almost brand new, and all were extremely well designed and anchored.

.From Denver, it was an easy three hour drive, We chose the seven zipline tour, which was just right for our group of five. That zipline tour itself, including the short commute from downtown Salida (in provided vans) to the zipline area, the zipline rides, and the return to Salida took roughly three hours. We drove up from Denver, rode the ziplines and drove back in about 11 hours altogether, making this a great day trip.

I strongly suggest that their website be used to make reservations ahead of time. Several folks who showed up without reservations at the Salida headquarters, where the tours start, were unable to go because the tours had been filled up.

Although cameras are not encouraged, small ones (that will fit securely in a pocket) or cell phone cameras (again, which must securely fit in a pocket) seem to work. Trust me on this - you need both hands to ride the lines and unless you have a hands free helmet camera, there's no easy way to take pictures while zipping down the lines. However, you can easily take pictures of your friends as they take off or land while you're waiting your turn.

Regarding weight restrictions, the website gives general guidelines. I'm about 5'11", weigh 235 lbs., and have a tummy measurement (at the bellybutton, where they ask you to measure) of just about 44". In other words, I take an extra tubby size. I had no problems with the harness or the lines. My guess is that as long as you can get the harness fastened safely, you're okay. The guides will let you know if there's a problem. Rumor has it that they had a 360 lb customer who made it through fine.

About children. One family in our tour had a seven-year old who had no problems at all. He had a terrific time and couldn't stop grinning There are child-sized harnesses available, and the guides take extra time and care with the kids (and nervous adults).

All in all, this was well worth the money and we will certainly be doing it again in the future.

2  Thank MachineMac
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife suprised me for our 43rd anniversary along with one of my sons, his wife, and their two young children. My wife, my son, my 9 year old grandaughter, and I made the trip. It was perfect. Justin and Keaton, our tour guides, were perfect. They made the trip very special for us. 2 hours of pure fun, adventure and excitement. We recommend this to everyone, young and old.

1  Thank Rich and Jeanin... J
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our group ranged from Grandma's to 7 yo. Everyone had a great time! Very safe, even if you mess up, they save you! (I messed up a lot) : ) Thanks guides!
The only bad thing was that they did not have a photographer and you could only take a camera if you could fit it in your pocket securely. So, we didn't get pictures. : (

1  Thank nadacaca
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Zip-lining has been on my bucket list for awhile. Now at age 57 I get to check this off as a fun, wonderful, exhilirating feat!! Our guides, Brian & Pat were great. Their instruction, knowledge & sense of humor made this adventure even better. We had a blast and now we feel younger and invigorated!! You won't be disappointed!!!!

1  Thank kram8ber