Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
All reviews bordello room blair street western room in town the owner comfortable beds second floor balcony childhood cleanliness train
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

I really liked this place. I had the cottage room which was perfect, a comfy bed and a kitchenette with a balcony out the back.
I wouldn’t necessarily call this a hotel but a series of rooms on the top floor of the building, more of a b&b style. The entry system was very straightforward. The cleanliness and quality of the fixtures and fittings was fantastic, the owner clearly takes pride in their property.
The one drawback is that the sound insulation between the room and the one next door is really very poor, if you want to hear two girls gossip about how their friend doesn’t have as much family money as she says she does then fine but it really was crazy loud and there needs to be a mutual understanding between rooms. This would drop it to four stars but the value,extraordinary cleanliness and effort made by the owner brings it back up.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ShigaKogen1992
Darlene Watson, Owner at The Bent Elbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. The Cottage Room is pretty cozy. Sorry that you had to hear all that nonsense . Thank you for staying with us and giving us a review. Hope that when you return to Silverton you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 18 December 2020 via mobile

I was recently surprised by my husband for my birthday. He reserved the Bordello Room at the Bent Elbow in Silverton. To say this was a special experience would be an understatement.

The hotel has an old world classiness to it and the room had a spectacular huge balcony looking out on the charming and historical Notorious Blair Street. Back in the day you could just imagine horse drawn wagons and horseback riders galloping down the street, or maybe even a random gunfight over gold.

The room itself is extremely comfortable with a luxurious bed and impressed with their attention to cleanliness and everyone's safety during this pandemic. We felt safe staying in this hotel. I would recommend this establishment to anyone and look forward to revisiting in the summer.

Thank you to the wonderful host Darlene Watson and her incredible staff for making our stay awesome!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Darlene Watson, Owner at The Bent Elbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Thank you Theresa for the wonderful review! Thank you for staying with us, and that you will return!

Reviewed 16 December 2020

I recently brought my wife to Silverton for a special trip. It was our fifteen year anniversary and I wanted her to see a town my family and I visited frequently during my childhood.

I reserved the Victorian Room and spoke with the owner Darlene ahead of time to see if I could have flowers and chocolate in the room for us. She bent over backwards to have the room ready for me.

The room was spotless and my wife loved it. An added bonus was the awesome balcony off the room looking out over the street.

Thank you again to the amazing staff who made this such a great experience.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeraldBM57
Darlene Watson, Owner at The Bent Elbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Thank You Gerald for staying with us, we loved having you and your wife. Thank You for the nice review. We hope that you come again soon! Stay safe. Thank You Darlene

Reviewed 26 September 2020

First off it was our mistake that we entered the wrong dates into Hotels.com reservation system. We arrived on a Sunday and did not have reservations until Monday. We had already paid for two nights and there was a room available on Sunday but they refused to let us use Sunday as one of our already paid nights. They insisted we had to pay for Sunday. So $187 dollars later we got the room. In short we ended up paying for three nights and only stayed two. The rooms are nice and everything was clean, but their restaurant was only open for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast on the first day took 30 minutes to arrive and the potatoes were not cooked through, they were hard and flavorless. The rest of the breakfast was good and the portions are enormous.
Regardless, I think it is very bad business to not honor already paid nights no matter how you make a reservation. We were basically scolded by the gal who checked us in for using Hotels.com. Here's the big kicker for me- on both days during our breakfast in their restaurant that apparently has no heat they played Christian music. It is of course their right, but to me it was very offensive for them to assume everyone is okay with Christian music playing. Turning the heat on might have made it a little more acceptable, but there I was freezing, with uncooked potatoes and having to listen to music that I feel is inappropriate for public places! The short and the long of it is- we are from Colorado and we will never go back nor will I recommend The Bent Elbow hotel and restaurant to any friends or family! I know times are hard for these hotels and restaurants during covid and we are doing our best to support local business and their staff by always tipping well over 20%, and taking the risk to go there and possibly expose ourselves. We are diligent mask wearers and are respectful at all times in regards to Covid rules. I do apologize for being harsh in this instance and during these uncertain times, but I really feel in my heart there was no other choice! I just think for the price of this hotel it is not a good choice. They have bad business practices and apparently feel we should all be Christians and freezing!!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Love14178
Darlene Watson, Owner at The Bent Elbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2020

It is unfortunate that you were so unhappy especially considering most of your complaints are your own responsibility. We do need to explain in our defense that when you book with a third party you are responsible for moving your reservation through them, the hotel can not do this! If you book directly with the hotel ... not a problem!
Dale the piano player is totally awesome, he only plays on Sundays on a volunteer basis, most folks enjoy his playing, and tip him well.
COVID requires us to keep the doors open for ventilation purposes, that is possibly why you were cold. Just trying to abide by state law.
We are sorry your potato’s were hard, that is on us, we generally do not get complaints on our food. We are noted as one of the best places to eat in Silverton!
Our restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch because there is not enough staff in Silverton due to COVID.
Thanks for the review, and the complaints that can be fixed and that are our responsibility will be addressed.

Reviewed 29 August 2020 via mobile

Family in town so we popped in here for a hearth breakfast. Did not disappoint. I had the healthy choice yoghurt, granola, & fruit. Everyone else had eggs Benedict etc. the coffee is really hot and tasty. They even had raw sugar! Friendly servers family type restaurant. Wear your mask till you sit down. This place is also a hotel has a good bar and serves great food for dinner too.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Darlene Watson, Owner at The Bent Elbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020