US$68
Wolf Creek Ranch Ski Lodge(South Fork)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
Hotels.com
Snowy Pine Cabins & RV(South Fork)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$135
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Foothills Lodge & Cabins(South Fork)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$66
Priceline
US$155
Official Site
Wolf Creek Ski Lodge(South Fork)(Great Value!)
US$99
TripAdvisor
South Fork Lodge and RV Park(South Fork)(Great Value!)
Riverside Meadows(South Fork)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastbox fanwolf creekrustic feelhot tub roomcinnamon rollsmain buildingyogurtchain hotellove this placewill stay there againrio grandehome away from homegreat place to stayroblodgefork
Reviewed 25 August 2017

This is not a bad place. Our room was clean. The beds were okay. There was a small refrigerator.The price was low for summer in Southwestern Colorado. The employees were helpful. Its location is convenient to the highway. It is just that some things could and should be better. One of the lights in the room no longer had its pull switch and had to be turned on and off by turning the bulb. The bathroom door stuck on the floor and would not open completely. These aren't big deals but are two things easily fixed by simple attention to maintenance. The room needed more electrical outlets and a general freshening up.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Dee P, Owner at Spruce Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you for this information. Could you kindly tell us which room you stayed in so that we can check it out?

Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

If you like rustic this is a stop for you! A Wooden screen door welcomed us as we entered our room. The tv was a vintage bubble screen backed by a satellite box. Made me appreciate my LED I left at home! Beds were soft but comfortable and clean. The mini fridge worked well. The bathroom was functional and clean but I didn't know they ever made a commode that was so short! We left early because of altitude sickness but I never bothered to ask for a refund or credit as there were notices to that affect! Oh, one more thing, watch your step on the property as there appears to be chickens on the loose! On our next visit to SF, we'll look for something a little more modern.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Dee P, Owner at Spruce Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

There are chickens on the loose, 5 of them actually. Many of our guests enjoy feeding them and taking chicken selfies on the porch. You can even look it up. #chickenselfie on facebook. Most of the pictures are from our property.

We do have an oxygen bar on site for guests with altitude sickness. We don't want you to leave feeling ill. An hour of oxygen will save your vacation. Please ask for details.

We also offer the oxygen bar to non guests, so if you feel ill next time you are in town, please stop by.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I love this place, we have been coming here since 2013. We've always come in the winter to ski, so we tried this summer to see what south fork Colorado has to offer! Gotta say this has been the best summer vacation we have ever taken, and most of all the people who owns the Spruce Lodge!! We love staying at the lodge, the best part for us is BREAKFAST and hanging out with Rob and Dee the owners!! Those are some awesome people they have become family to us!! We look for great people and a cool place to stay at and we've found them!! Thanks guys for y'all hospitality and friendship

Love you guys !!!

Dee P, Owner at Spruce Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks Marcus and Melanie! It was great to see you again.

We've made the most amazing friends since we bought the lodge in 2006. Some guests become friends and some of those new friends become family.

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The Spruce Lodge has been annual trip for my family and I. My kids look forward to every trip on seeing Rob and Dee. Most importantly the food Rob Cakes and Cinnamon rolls. When you see the sign in the living room "COME AS STRANGERS LEAVE AS FRIENDS" that means alot. If you ever get a chance to stay here it would be a wonderful experience.

Dee P, Owner at Spruce Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

I'm so glad you got to try the cinammon rolls. They are absolutely the very, very best!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I now know why they have a "Very Firm" no refund or cancellation policy. Once you see the place in person it has no resemblance to the on line pictures. We were very disappointed and wonder how there can be reviews of this "lodge" that are 4 and 5 ratings. We ask for a refund but as the policy says we were denied. We left early and moved out anyway.

The rooms are run down, the carpet is almost not there, the bathroom has mold and the beds and pillows are the worst I have ever tried to sleep on.

Take the low ratings seriously on this "lodge".

The continental breakfast was disappointing and the lodge restaurant for breakfast was just okay and there are a few better choices in town, though limited.

3  Thank Jim T
Dee P, Owner at Spruce Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Sir, why didn't you call me if you had a concern. Every single person is given my personal cell phone number at the time of booking AND at check in. The number is even circled on the check in paperwork and every guest is instructed to call if they need ANYTHING, even in the middle of the night.

I never spoke with you about an early checkout, a refund, or concerns about your room. You have a responsibility to let us know if there are problems, we can not help you if we don't know.

I am the owner and I can make exceptions on refunds - but I can't help if you don't call.