“Our first visit was excellent-too bad they closed end of July, 2016”
Review of Bistro Cv - CLOSED

Bistro Cv
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Transit: The city of Steamboat Springs provides a free bus that circulates throughout the city. There is a bus stop one block from Bistro C.V.
Description: The goal at Bistro C.V. is to celebrate and showcase the freshest ingredients of the season. We love the region we live in and pride ourselves on supporting our local and organic farmers. Our food is a reflection of our belief in cooking simply, honestly and innovatively. We designed our restaurant to provide a dining experience of superior quality within a comfortable atmosphere, unique to Steamboat.
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We enjoyed our meal at Bistro cv. It is true that the servings were pretty small and a lot of effort spent on making the plates look beautiful (but that was part of the experience.) Unfortunately, we were one of the last diners because the restaurant closed the end of July so the owners can focus more on their other restaurant LOW-a southern food restaurant. I've not been there.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

We have enjoyed in the past the food and presentation but it seems since his foray into James Beard experience its become a exercise in presentation. The small plates which were always our favorites have become plate paintings with most of the plate empty and food minimally placed to be a graphic element. This is what happens when the chefs ego becomes more important than the food. I am sure he will still have a following but from friends we have spoken to not as many. This is still his ego restaurant and Low Country his breadwinner.

2  Thank Studionsl
Reviewed 16 June 2016

This is a wonderful place in the heart of downtown. Innovative, creative dishes that are light and delicious. Portions are adequate, but not overwhelming. Service was excellent and quick. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank PegBeg
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We ordered the chef's special 5 course menu and each course was really good and innovative in its presentation. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it is definitely one of the best in Steamboat. Service was top notch.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

The decor is modern, attractive, cool and classy all at the same time. The menu items and described preparations are stunning. The food was plenty tasty as well, but the shortfall was in the value. The steep prices on the menu didn't deter me, as I routinely have meals that total over $100. I usually don't concern myself with portions, but the small portions left me unsatisfied, to say the least. The gen lettuce salad with red onion, goat cheese, lemon vinaigrette and quinoa was good, but the grilled romaine salad that a friend chose looked to be the winner (and a decent portion as well). The diver scallops that I ordered were some of the best that I tasted, but the three scallops (albeit of a healthy size), tablespoon of delicious risotto and a couple of tiny halved baby carrots weren't enough to warrant the $39 price tag, even so far from the sea. It felt more like a portion for a multi-course tasting menu. In terms of value, a fellow diner won with the $25 Wagyu beef burger with potato puree, which probably tasted as good as it looked. Service started off a bit sluggish (drinks, with nothing too fancy ordered, took a good long time), but picked up, with courses four our table of eight delivered promptly; though we sensed a bit of an end-of-ski-season carefree attitude from our server.

1  Thank Bill L