The Ptarmigan Inn
Quality Inn & Suites(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$110
QualityInn
Steamboat Mountain Lodge(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$189
Hampton.com
The Steamboat Grand(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Pool
The Inn at Steamboat(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$152
Rabbit Ears Motel(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$135
The Victorian(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$295
Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$205
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Pool
All reviewsski shophot tubski rentalski groupcloset doorper nightvillage areaan updateslope viewballoon rodeofree ski storagethe check in processsteamboat central reservationslift ticketsenjoyed our stayski weekan older property
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write hotel reviews but feel compelled to share with other travelers my very bad experience at The Ptarmigan Inn. I requested a late check out on our final day at the hotel and was told I would be charged $94 to stay an additional hour. Hotel checkout is at 11 AM, I was requesting a noon check out. When I asked why, The front desk person 'DJ' said that they were busy and needed the room. I understand that hotels get busy and need to do a quick turnover, but I found the $94 charge to be unreasonable. To give some context, we paid $217 per night at this hotel which is quite old, with small outdated rooms. They were charging a premium because we were in town for a soccer tournament.
Additionally, the hotel breakfast is one of the worst I've ever seen and should be called the refined sugar bar, there was no offering of a proteins such as eggs, our choices were sugary cereal, mini cinnamon buns, donuts and plain white bagels.
The cheapness of the hotel continued with the shampoo and soap in the room, the toilet paper, whatever amenity you can imagine, imagine the poorest quality you can find. I will certainly not be staying at this hotel and would caution other travelers to know exactly what they are getting into if they choose to stay here. For the prices this hotel is charging, they should be offering much better service and amenities. The hotels best quality is its location, it is at the base of the gondola at steamboat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Diana L
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 17 years ago and sadly no change. Needs updating terribly. Staff very nice. Pool nice. Breakfast very meager. Only OJ for juice. No eggs (not even hard boiled), no meat, all sugar carbs! Great location for walking to outdoor concerts and for biking to balloon rodeo.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol R R
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Toilet didn't flush, beer in the bottom of trash cans from the people who stayed before us. Crappy breakfast, really a dump. Wi-Fi just spinned around, couldn't connect. Shower trickled water as it rushed out of the faucet below. We were told the room had been remodeled.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Dated decor so if that bothers you, look elsewhere. Otherwise, it's very clean and staff are friendly. The outdoor pool and hot tub area is pleasant and pool heated. Easy walk to the gondola area. If you like relaxed places that aren't gentrified yet and are a little kitschy, you'll like it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The room ($210 for myself and my eight year old) was supposed to have a view, but it quite literally looked onto the bushes. The buildings are dated, the screens are bent, plaster is chipped off the walls, and there are signs of neglect everywhere. Our room had a strip of metal holding down the filthy carpeting between the room and the bath that was bent and caused us to trip repeatedly. We tried using the hot tub, but it was only 90-degrees and the guy testing the water told us it was supposed to be 103, but it wasn't working and shhh, don't tell the health department. The pool is not as pictured in the ad, but a small kids pool 5 feet deep that needed a cleaning. We fell asleep at 10pm, but we were awakened at 1am by drunken shouting and slamming doors a few rooms away. When it didn't stop, I called the front desk. All the dunks just got out of the bars, was the response. No apology. Three minutes later the manager was shouting at people to close their doors and shut up. I fell back asleep by 2am and was awakened at 6:30 by someone knocking continuously on our door for a solid minute. I sat up rubbing my eyes when the maid entered saying sorry and handed me a piece of paper with information about the check out policy. The clerk told us checkout was at twelve, the door in the room said ten, and the paper said it was at eleven, but it was none of those times and the paper was simply reminding us we didn't have to check out at the desk. Again, I called the front desk asking what in the hell was happening that they would wake us up so early to hand me something we didn't need? We'll look into that, sir, was the response. Now we were up after a terrible night of sleep and we proceeded to pack up, shower and make coffee, but there was no conditioner (someone had mistakenly put body lotion in the shower along with the shampoo), and the coffee was all mistakenly decaf. We decided to go to breakfast, but breakfast was already over. How can that be, I asked? Then immediately I figured it out, the room clock was off by an hour, but rather than apologize, the man on duty in the restaurant just shot is a look of disgust. On the way out of the restaurant, my daughter tripped on a ripple in the carpeting and fell down the stairs. Instead of helping or offering any signs of interest, the clerks, just glanced over. I bright up to them that we were having a terrible stay. That's too bad, said the clerk smiling. On our way to the room, we realized the hallways reeked of armpit odor and cheap after shave, the windows were filthy, and the cement stairs leading to the car were crumbling away. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from this place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family