US$133
The Oakwood Inn(Sterling)
US$67
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewsusb portssmall lakefishing pondexcellent choicecold optionspool and hot tublarge bathroomthe breakfast areabreakfast was excellentgreat hotelpleasant staffworkout roomother guestsfront deskwould definitely stay here againother hotelsone night
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful, clean, hotel with ultra modern decor in the guest rooms! Uplighting behind the headboard, and closet...and full frame lighting around the large bathroom mirror. The glass shower doors have really cool wheels along the top. (I'll be on the hunt for that style when we have our master bathroom remodeled later this spring!) Back to lighting...I'm obsessed with the sleek desk lamp and the funky lamp over the chaise lounge chair. Even the roller shades are cool, and instead of drapery, the window is framed out with an extra wide border of wood laminate, so it has the appearance of a large picture frame.
All the staff, from front desk personnel, to housekeeping, to the breakfast attendant were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kim W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hello Diane,

Thank you very much for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Our hotel is the first of it's kind to open in Colorado, with a brand new design. I'm glad you enjoyed the modern decor, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel was clean, new, and professionally staffed. Breakfast was great. Staff kept food plenty stocked. Only one issue I found was hot tub had too much chlorine, (caused my eyes to burn and itch).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the issues you experienced with the hot tub, I will be sure to inform our staff so we can address this problem.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Check in was met by friendly staff and interior was clean and fresh. Room I stayed in the toilet seat was so loose that it swayed a couple of inches side to side, could have been dangerous. I saw a maintenance man in the lobby on check out and told him, he appreciated the word.

I didn't continue my stay here for the week, just the one night. Because the breakfast started at 0630, instead of 0600 as other hotels have in the area. I have to go to work early and 630 breakfast is a game changer. Mentioned to the kitchen attendant and she said that she had heard similar complaints about late start. When checking out at 0645, there was no one at the front desk, sign said they had stepped away.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Kim W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with the toilet seat, we are happy it did not create any major problems for you during your stay.

We have changed our breakfast times to better accommodate our business travelers. I do understand your frustration with the breakfast times, and I hope by the new times will encourage you to stay with us again.

I appreciate your feedback, we will certainly use it to make improvements to our hotel in order to better accommodate our guests.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

GREAT hotel! Details, details all went into building this fairly new hotel. When we arrived the pool/hot tub area was closed -- reason was due to maintenance. The fact was the finish on the inside of the pool/hot tub did not meet the expectations of the owner so they had the finish redone, again details. (Note: they did tell me if the pool/hot tub did not open during our stay they would make an adjustment to our bill.) It did open the next day and I must say it was the best pool and hot tub I found in our 15 days of travel. Hotel shows good planning in the design of the rooms, plenty of electrical outlets, USB ports, lights, luggage storage and it goes on and on. All the staff I meet was super. The young lady who check us in, and I found out she had been here since they opened, was just a great person to talk with and deal with!! (Sorry I don't remember your name.) Breakfast was better than most, I was even asked if everything was ok or if we needed anything. Thank you. Clean, friendly and a great stay. There is a small lake/pond behind the hotel, appears people go fishing there, and one can walk around the lake. I did that and it was enjoyable being so close to the hotel. All I can say this was a wonderful stay!!

Stayed: October 2017
Kim W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hello Steven,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in the area again, we would love to be able to accommodate you again!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This place was great! It is remodeled and clean. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. The room was super quiet too. We could not hear the road or other guests. Only con about the room - it smelled like cows/horses/hay (basically, it smelled like outside). But you get used to it and it was as bad as outside, but it was definitely noticeable.
The indoor pool was warm and the pool deck was clean with plenty of towels (only con - the pool towels are the size of HAND TOWELS!)
It’s a little more costly than other hotels in area (ie Ramada) but you get what you pay for - breakfast, free WiFi, and much nicer rooms (our friends stayed at the Ramada and wished they would have paid the extra $10/night and just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express).
If you find yourself in Sterling (God knows why), stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Kim W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hello Suzuko,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced, we will work with our staff to ensure your that we address these issues for our guests.