US$151
HIExpress.com
Trailhead Inn(Winter Park)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$156
Best Western Alpenglo Lodge(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
US$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main lodgecross country skiingcoffee shopcontinental dividesleigh ridemovie theaterfire pithorseback ridingair hockeyhot tubnordic skiingbeautiful resortski trailsnatural beautyzip liningwinter wonderlandwedding party
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Our family stayed 4 nights and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We had a room with a pull out couch that worked well for our son. The mountain view was perfect though our location next to their event space was rather loud the first night thanks to a wedding party-we could do without Cyndi Lauper at 11p at a party we weren't enjoying. We had no housekeeping issues other than the curain in the (very large) bathroom didn't actually cover the window, so we used a pillow to not show off to the afore mentioned wedding guests. All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and polite, particularly the stable crew. We did several activities there that were all great. The food at Heck's and the Ranch House was very good, some misses, mostly excellent. We really enjoyed sitting on the patio every eve overlooking the horses in the meadows with the mountains in the background and making smores over the fire. The pool is heated but with breezes and no direct sun, it wasn't quite warm enough for us most of our visit. The hot tub is great though. Winter Park is easily accessible. Definitely sign up for the email list as we got one night free from that. The room frige is tiny, but does hold a couple beers and a quart of milk. The mile or two road to the ranch off the highway does include dirt road which was well maintained but I would think a consideration in the winter.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This was my second visit to the ranch in two years and each year it seems to get better! After a day of back country skiing, the hot tub and sauna was exactly what we needed. After that we sat by the fire pit and enjoyed cocktails and appetizers with friends and soaked in the surroundings of what makes Colorado great. Devil's Thumb Ranch is one of my favorite places to vacation and I would highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A gem in the wilderness. You can't believe you are not inn Vail, Jackson Hole or Beaver Creek. The furnishings are perfect for the West. The food is spectacular. The service is accomodating. My wife said , "Everyone who works here seems to really enjoy their job". We ate at both the Ranch House (5-star) and Hecks.
It's very expensive, but worth every penny for the experience.
It is a Colorado treasure.

Room Tip: As for mounttain view--parking lot view stinks--
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Greeted by friendly faces who were ready to help any way they could. Room was spacious and clean w/beautiful rustic furnishings and complete with recycling bins. Bed was fabulous, one of the most comfortable I've slept on away from home ~ Linens were soft and warm ~ I could hardly get out in the morning! Bathroom was clean and spacious with beautiful rustic decor, large, deep tub and big separate shower stall. Food was tasty and staff was great. Free book and movie rentals as well as a convenient "snack" shop in the lobby. Really a beautiful property, and run well! They really have their act together. Excellent value, and highly recommended ~ Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at Devil's Thumb Ranch and it was truly breathtaking. The location of the resort is surrounded by majestic mountains that are the Continental Divide. Amazing! My room was extremely clean (I'm a little OCD so this was a relief) and the food was excellent as I ate in a warm and friendly atmosphere. I never felt uncomfortable, as I sat in my hiking attire sipping a glass of wine in a clearly upscale resort. It really was a wonderful experience and I will be back!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo