“Great dinner spot”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the Tom Kha soup. It was the right amount of coconut milk and mushroom/ chicken mix. We also got the choo-chee elk curry and also the drunken noodles dish with chicken. Fantastic meal all around. This was our second time visiting.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

It's totally not cool that this place doesn't take reservations and be prepared to be squeezed in like sardines. They definitely should hire some more waitstaff. The servers were busting it, but they were shorthanded. However, the food was amazing! If you are low maintenance and patient, then this may be your spot.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

On a cold night I wasn’t sure I’d want to sit on the deck but those outdoor heaters work amazingly well. The Thai dishes we ordered were some of the best of of the entire week. Several of the Hand Rolls were delicious!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

It’s a borderline 5 stars. The food was great from noodles to curry though I will say I thought the raves I (and you likely) read on the banana curry were overrated. I’d skip it. The glass noodles dish (pad Woon sen) was great. The Tom Kha soup was okay; I’ve had better and worse. The veggie spring rolls were more sushi-roll-sized slices of spring rolls versus whole rolls. That turned out to be a great approach as we could readily share the appetizer. In addition to the usual Singha Thai beer (and Sapporo) they had a local microbrew on tap (I think it was Telluride Tempter IPA) which was a nice surprise. The ambiance is cozy though a bit loud. The background music seemed a strange mix of classic rock ballads. They definitely weren’t going for the “sounds like you’re in Asia” theme music. Overall it was a bit loud (we were dining on a Wed evening around 7pm.)

The food takes a bit of time to come out. The wait staff mentioned they have small kitchen and ‘not too many woks.’ No worries if you aren’t in a rush (we weren’t.) Just be patient and enjoy your company.

The worst part? The place is very popular and always packed. They don’t take reservations, but if you call they’ll put your name on a list and give you a time window. Wait, isn’t that sort of like a reservation? Don’t get me started... Our first attempt at dining at Siam ended quickly when we approached the host stand to put our name in. “Sorry, if you didn’t call and already have your name on ‘the list’ we won’t accept you anymore today.” Seems like an odd approach. We left that evening, called the next afternoon, and dined the next evening. I guess we learned their system.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Siam has been around for some years. The food and service is wonderful but the experience of actually eating there is extreme torture. It is in an old house that is most likely 100 years old and like most Miners shacks is small and not well built. The owners, as far as I can tell, have never done any improvements to the place and since it is packed at all times you will be sitting shoulder to shoulder. We had been given a gift card by a client and when we called the number on the card it rang & rang with no answer. Tuns out the number on the card was wrong. When we went in they offered a seat at the kitchen doors. This won't slow down it's popularity and this is just my 2 cents