“Best ski school hands down”

Telluride Ski School
More attraction details
Owner description: A ski school for children which includes lift tickets, lunch and ski lesssons.
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This school is hands down the best ski school we have experienced. Not only is it affordable pre-season. The staff is so friendly, they really get to know your kids and really teach your kids some awesome skills. They advance so quickly in a short time. I would love to give a shout out to Drew Cline, Hannah B, and Jaycee. They remember you from year to year and feel like part of the family!!! They are worth their weight in gold and whatever they pay them probably isn't enough. That is how good these people are!!!

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 3 reviews
"chondola"

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Sky school in Telluride offers excellent deals and programs
I enjoy taking clases every time to meet new people and learn also about different routes in the park
This last trip i felt that instructors were over tired as we were in the middle of the sky season and the resort was so busy

Reviewed 29 March 2017

OK, straight up honesty here....first time skiier and I was SO SCARED i was actually shaking. My first down trying to get down the magic carpet ended in me yelling "help" and crashing. and it hurt. And I made very good friends with the bench. Enter Rich. Sits beside me and asks why i'm best friends with the bench. he then sees the state I'm in, says "This is supposed to be fun! come with me....." after a few laps with his big stick and lots of words of encouragement, by 3pm I was on skiis, with poles and getting down that little magic carpet area. my hubby and the 2 kids were LOOONG gone having moved on by noon. Rich, Frank and John were so patient with me, I was a first class wuss. I think everyone knew my name because all I heard was "WHERES HELEN?" every 10 minutes because Mr Rich was making sure I was not getting reaquainted with that bench ;-) When the family all got together after lessons we ALL had great things to say about all the instructors we had each had. For those skiiers who are natural....and not scared.... they were off doing slopes and getting good instruction. I was mad at myself for freaking out so much but I couldnt help it....and the guys were amazing with me. Cant rave enough about them. And yes - we will go again and I'll try and do better without the big stick!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We have been visiting Telluride ski school for a number of years now and after visiting Whistler at Christmas time and having our children attend Whistler ski school and being told just how amazing Whistler ski school was and how people travel simply to attend Whistler ski school we realised just how superb Telluride ski school is. Telluride ski school is not a mass production job, it is small and intimate so the instructors actually get to know the kids and really get to understand their skill and ability. Admittably there may be times when the kids may not get to ski at their level but this is because you are dealing with a very small group so there has to be a degree of understanding. TJ and Dana were simply awesome.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We brought three kids, ages 7, 8, and 9 to ski for the first time. We put them in lessons for one day and then we took them skiing with us for two days (just the afternoons) following their lesson. By day 3 of our trip, we were able to take them down any green or double green, as well as the easier blues (such as Enchanted Forest). They fell in love with skiing, which is exactly what we had hoped would happen.

Things we wish we had known ahead of time about ski school and Telluride:
1) Ski School meets at Mountain Village Ski Lesson Center (right below the gondola where the stairs come down) between 9 and 9:15; don't be late! You need to go into the Lesson Center prior to that to have their tickets printed and check them in. Lines form so it is best to arrive 20-30 minutes early. Once checked in, kids are driven by cart to the Magic Carpet area (no more tow ropes) just below lift 1/Chondola. There might be two areas (one under lift 1 and the other by lift 4) but our kids were only at this one.
2) Equipment for kids to attend ski school includes skis, boots, AND helmets. You need to rent these in advance if you don't bring them. Kids do not learn with poles and cannot use them in ski school unless they are level 5 or higher which would take a few days at least.
3) Ski Valet is the best service ever. You can drop off your skis, boots, and poles just at the edge of the snow and they will be there when you need them the next day. They keep your ski boots on boot warmers. They will also keep your shoes and regular clothes for the end of day. You can call ahead and reserve it or sign up there. Ski Valet makes it so you don't have to hall your ski equipment all over or walk endlessly in ski boots. They also have lockers you can rent. Their office is located below the gondola as well (take the elevator down and you're right there).
4) Kids eat lunch during ski school and it is included in the price (unless it says otherwise).
5) Water is provided at the magic carpet area.
6) If you are staying in town (and not at Mountain Village), the gondola only takes about 5 minutes and is free. Then in town, there is the Galloping Goose, a free bus/shuttle that loops about every ten minutes. You can get the bus schedule and main locations on the internet. It is so easy and the drivers are very friendly and helpful that it makes having a car ridiculous.
7) Beginner ski runs are by lift 1 but also up at lift 11. They just have to be able to ski all the way down if you go to lift 11.

We had a great trip and will definitely be back to do it again - including putting our kids in ski school the first day to get re-acquainted with skiing.

Hope this info helps!