“Great Way to Plan my Summer Garden”

Betty Ford Alpine Gardens
Ranked #3 of 74 things to do in Vail
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful alpine botanical garden, located at the foot of Vail Mountain, is open to the public.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I like to visit this garden every spring to look for plants that do well in high altitude. I photograph the name tag and share the information with my gardener. Visiting the garden really helps me make wise choices in finding perennial plants that will look lovely and survive the winters and the deer.

All reviews
in 107 reviews
"stroll"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic high altitude plants grown in the Betty Ford Gardens. Exotic varieties, you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere, great selection

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went to explore this garden this morning. We got a pair of snowshoes and some poles and were on our way. Even though everything was covered with snow, it was still an enjoyable hike. Everything was so picturesque and peaceful. Would love to come back and see it when things are “blooming”!

It was also a nice break from all the hustle and bustle of the Village.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens are not to be missed. They are beautifully tended gardens which highlight all the beautiful flowering plants, trees and bushes that grow so well in our difficult climate up in the mountains. I love to take children and adults there for a lovely walk. There are plenty of benches in which to rest if the altitude gets to you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Spent a morning here snow shoeing.i was greeted by a lovely young lady to fitted me for snow shoes and gave me a map to follow. I walked along the creek and was so amazed at the beauty of the fallen snow on the huge pines trees. I continued to follow the trail. The snow shoes worked great and I found my way back easily. Highly recommended when you want a break from the slopes