“Lovely Cosy Pub”

Price range: US$8 - US$67
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Award winning cosy Cornish pub situated in a beautiful valley near St Austell and the Eden Project serving great food, wine,ale, and coffee. Enjoy cosy fires in the winter months and a great pub garden in the summer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Found Polgooth Inn on Tripadvisor, we certainly wouldn't have found it otherwise! Off the beaten track a lovely cosy country pub, lovely old style clean interior. Real fire. Excellent food, found the calves liver starter a bit too rich but the fish cake was amazing and my husband enjoyed the scotch egg and steak. Good friendly service. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

1  Thank Karen E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

During a midweek break in St Austell my partner and I found ourselves looking for places to eat on trip advisor. Top of the list was the Polgooth Inn. We can safely say we now know why people rate it so highly. All staff that we encountered were brilliant, the food was amazing and reasonably priced and the inn itself was very cosy and welcoming on a cold November evening. My partner loved the Vegan/gluten free menu offered. We will definitely be back next time we're in Cornwall.

1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great pub. Whilst staying in the area my wife and I looked online for a local pub to have dinner and came across the Polgooth as we were staying in St Austell. We arrived at the Polgooth with its ample parking available. We were offered the choice to sit anywhere we liked so we opted for a little side room with a log burner in it. It was cosy, well decorated and just right.

The we looked at the menu. wow, what a menu, we had trouble deciding but in the end I went for the ‘brisket ends’ and my wife the giant fish cake. Both were huge and also tasted delicious. Cooked to perfection. The prices were pleasing too as they were around what you would expect them to be. On draught they had a great selection of beers and ales and a few really good local IPAs.

This country pub I felt really was a cut above the rest with its quality of food and ambience, would love to go back when in the area again. Just a stones throw away from St Austell.

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very welcoming country pub with a lovely atmosphere. The staff are friendly and obliging and the food well above the average. We both chose giant fish cakes and they were delicious! Finished with coffee, flat white, such a nice change to have a really good cup of coffee.
Would certainly recommend!

1  Thank MoirEngland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delightful English Inn with Very welcoming staff, and a traditional menu with some interesting twists.
We just had main courses and the generous proportions were more than enough. The brisket ends in a strong BBQ sauce was hearty and satisfying, the lamb was tender with a delightful minty gravy.
Excellent value and just right on an autumn evening.