“Cheerful for a big group”

Hacienda Colorado - Westminster
Ranked #5 of 249 Restaurants in Westminster
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were quite a big group and was easy to eat there and service was good. The food was pretty generic mexican style with too much cheese. We were in and out nice and promptly.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

If it wasn't for the lack of attentive waitstaff, we would rate this place excellent. The variety of the menu was ideal for those want to customize their plates. I absolutely loved my taco trio with 3 different shells; flour, corn, and lettuce wrapped. Normally I expect an accompanying side of rice and beans to be bland, but here I was impressed to find so much flavor packed into mine, I didn't leave any behind. Our children loved their kids meals and my husband, his spicy burrito.

The restaurant itself had a elegant Mexican vibe with a bar, and a few different options for seating. The bathrooms however, were horribly dirty and hard to go into. The staff were so chatty with each other that many things were forgot or almost ignored so some of our family members had to wait while others ate and a side of sour cream took more than 10 minutes to get. We were also told that since it was our first visit, we would receive a complimentary queso dip with our chips. This queso came out after our food and then added to our bill, so we had to get it corrected. I don't think I would have ordered the queso if it wasn't free, it wasn't as good as everything else.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were a little early to beat the dinner crowd. Also early enough for happy hour. We had an El Hefe margarita, to celebrate a good friends news from a doctor visit. Best Margarita ever! Like most Mexican restaurants , it came with the traditional chips and a very tasty salsa. She had the shrimp enchiladas, it came with black beans and rice. I had 3 shrimp fired tacos. Mine came with rice and beans as well. So so good! Our waiter Jonathon was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The food was mediocre; the tortillas were too flimsy to hold the heavy filling in the tacos; a lot of slaw - had to dig at it with utensils. The flavor was nothing special and it was claimed to be all scratch made but we got the food so fast I can't believe that. The price was high for the quality of the food, though the service was fine. The music was too loud until other diners filled the room and provided their noise to drown out the music. I'd rather get my tacos from a street truck. We went here because we were in the suburb at dinner time when traffic was too heavy and we were very hungry.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

One of our favs in the Denver area. We love a more Americanized version of classic Mexican food and HC does not disappoint. We only get to go there about once every year or so so it’s always a special treat.