“All you can eat soup, salad, pasta and more”
Review of Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #18 of 230 Restaurants in Westminster
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Reviewed 18 April 2016

We love the Sweet Tomatoes chain restaurant so we specifically looked for one when we were in Colorado as there are none where we live.
We were lucky to not be far from this location. All the Sweet Tomatoes are set up the same. They are all self serve, no wait staff, they only bus the tables. You come in and there is a very extensive salad bar with different types of lettuces, spinach and many toppings. There is usually a salad premixed that is representative of the theme of the week or month. There is also cold pasta salads.
The price of your meal includes everything but drinks.
There is a soup bar with a few different soups. This week was an Asian theme. All the food is very fresh and made on site. The soups were very good but the Asian theme was not my favorite. The chili was very tasty.
There is a pasta bar but with the Asian theme there was no typical Italian pasta. There is always Mac and Cheese. There is always a potato bar and a section with different breads like garlic, Focaccia and pizza bread.
Then there is the deserts, which are cookies, brownies and ice cream with toppings.
Bottom line is the food is fresh and good. There are a lot of varieties. You can go back as much as you like. The price is inexpensive. But you have to get everything yourself. It is a good family place.
After

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I love this place! It has healthy choices and so many choices. Aside from salad they offer fresh pasta dishes, fruit and dessert bar, soup bar, baked potato bar and fresh muffins/bread. Would recommend and will return!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

I enjoy taking my kids to Sweet Tomatoes. The salad bar has tons of choices. My favorite is the soups they offer! For a buffet, its done well. They also offer pasta, baked dishes and dessert bar. The lettuce can tend to be wilted but overall the quality and cleanliness is great.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Mostly good, just a little bad.
It's very, very expensive, in my opinion. I haunt the coupon sites and we never go without a coupon. Still, with a coupon the dinner is minimum $12 and the lunch minimum $11. We went for breakfast once on Sunday and it was delicious, but again, without a coupon it is just far too expensive. I'm a Senior and they only give senior discounts Monday through Thursday until 4:00. What kind of deal is that?

This is on top of the hill across from Westminster City Hall. It's clean, always fresh. I always get two plates, one for my regular salad and one for a pasta salad. Their roasted garlic dressing makes the best pasta salad I've ever eaten and I dream about it between visits. You can't go wrong with a fresh, crisp salad that you put together exactly how you like it.

The bad is that this place originated in southern California, so recipes are for sea level. These people cannot get it through their heads that cooking at high altitudes (5400 feet) require a little longer cooking time. They have beautiful soups, take a bite, and the noodles are still raw. They also don't use any salt in their soups.

Last time we were there almost all of the bread was sweet. I'd love some plain garlic bread or even just some brown bread to go with my salad. I'm really not in to chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, etc. Who eats sugar with a salad?

Pasta is basic, very little sauce, velveeta like cheese sauce. I've never been impressed with the pasta sauces.
We still go there and we still love it, we just know now what to stay away from.

We always leave a tip for our busser. They keep our table clean and always look like someone who has a half dozen kids at home to feed. They can't possibly be making very much. We hardly ever see other people leave a tip. It's sad.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Sweet Tomatoes in Westminster is everything I've come to expect of the brand. The food is fresh and continually refreshed. There are many vegetarian options, and everything is labeled (contains nuts, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free.) ST is located amid a plethora of meat and fish-oriented restaurants. The staff is friendly, and the restaurant is clean. Small spills are cleaned up right away. Signs at the register indicate that they will no longer be accepting paper coupons. Seniors over 65 get 10% off, and there is also a discount for children. Great view of the Rocky Mountain range.