“Love it!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Mountain Cottage

Living room
Living Room
Layout
exterior
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Denver, Colorado
“Love it!”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This little cottage was so perfect for my husband and I. It's super cozy. Has everything you need. The owners are very nice. The satellite went out, so no TV for the first night because of the storm. I called the owner and he was very helpful and accomidating. Very very nice guy.
The cottage is in the perfect location. Walk to shops and restaurants. This place is just perfect.
I will keep this cottage as my little hidden treasure.
We will definitely be back. :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location right off of main street
Liked least: Bed was a little uncomfortable but I'm probably spoiled with my memory foam bed at home.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Robert B
Lake Quivira, Kansas, United States
“Great Cabin Getaway”
Reviewed 3 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Clean, no frills cabin centrally located in downtown Winter Park. Perfect for a couple looking for a place to crash on a mountain getaway.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Travelfor...
Tulsa
“Nice Cabin-Horrible Owner”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

When I arrived the the cabin seemed nice enough. After getting settled I determined that the TV service and the wi-fi did not work. I called the owner, he does not live in Winterpark, he lives out of state and he tells me to call the TV service company to solve the problem. I had confirmed twice with him that the cabin had wi-fi since I need to do work while I was there. He eventually confirmed that that service was not working and there would be no solution. I did stay in the cabin the first night, but based upon all of the problems plus the very uncomfortable bed, that I would move the next morning. I notified the owner and said that I could have two nights in his other proerty there for compensation or he would refund 50% of the money that I had already paid him for four nights. I choose the refund of 50%.....I have sent him numerous e-mails and all I have gotten are idle promises of payment. This is not a honest business person!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The price and location
Liked least: the dishonest owner
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Apr 2013
The TV service Provider, Direct TV was having transmission problems. I confirmed that was the problem and Direct TV resolved it, but it had to be reset at the box, so the tenant had to reset it. The WIFI was weak, because someone had knocked the antenna down in the main house, I had them put it back up and all was fine. The tenant left early the next morning. I have a no refund policy if you cancel less than 30 days prior to your stay.
CO
Reviewed 11 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Denver52
Denver
“Not really what I wanted”
Reviewed 13 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for an inexpensive little cabin that is clean inside and close to amenities,then this cabin will work for you and you won't really care about the rest of my review. If, on the other hand, you want a relaxing couple of days in the mountains, you might want to try somewhere else.
We were disappointed to find out the first night we were there that a train runs close to the cabin day and night, frequently blowing a loud whistle. When I wrote the owner to express my disappointment I was told it was part of the ambiance.
Also when we arrived the garbage can had been upset by the front door and garbage was spread all over outside. Once again I complained and asked what the extra fee for cleaning was for. I was told by the owner that that is "part of mountain living".
So if you prefer ambiance over a good night's sleep and you like this kind of "mountain living", this place will work for you. However, with the many, many, many other choices in the area, I will go somewhere else next time.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: walking distance to restaurants, etc
Liked least: not the restful experience I had hoped for
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing