“Worth the 60 mile trip each way.”
Review of Dr. Mike's

Dr. Mike's
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Bethel
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I have taken this ride several time and am always please with the ice cream.

This time I choose the Chocolate Lace, with Maple Pecan and a touch of rich Chocolate. I ordered a medium and it let me taste a few of my favorites as well as the season one (maple pecan). Dr. Mike is known for the chocolate lace and the rich chocolate flavors. The chocolate lace is basically a double cream vanilla ice cream with chunk of chocolate lace which is like a chocolate/ caramel brittle. The rich chocolate will astound you as to how deep a cocoa flavor can be present in an ice cream. The maple pecan has a good maple syrup flavor with crisp fresh pecan pieces as well.

My wife choose the caramel cashew and the chocolate marshmallow cherry. The chocolate marshmallow has the good rich chocolate with some marshmallow mixed in a large chunks of juicy dark cherries. The Carmel cashew was a nice vanilla based ice cream with nuts.

While indulging in this extravagant party, you will note that the ice cream itself is very rich and smooth, the flavors are refined and distinct, and there is not an excess of sugar at all.

They only have a small selection of flavors but each is a winner.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I've eaten a lot of homemade ice cream around CT, and this is my proclaimed favorite. So so creamy and amazing high quality flavor! Flavor selection is small but rotating. Huge portions and the price is fantastic. Shop is very small and ice cream is best enjoyed outside. Entrance is in the back of the building.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

I eat ice cream everywhere I go as a travelling salesman - and to me - nothing beats Dr. Mikes Chocolate Lace and Rich Chocolate. End of discussion.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Very good ice cream, but very limited. Only 8 or 10 flavors on any given day. They rotate. Not very friendly. Ferris Acres Creamery in Newtown, about a 10 minute drive away, is MUCH nicer, in my opinion. Better choice, much nicer energy, and real live cows.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

It's a great place for the family. The ice cream in my opinion is super rich, but my kids love this place. Summer time is always time to go see the doctor!

Been to Dr. Mike's? Share your experiences!