“I'd go back”

Guacamole's Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 147 Restaurants in Branford
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Food was great. Prices too. Service was a bit slow since we went at an off time but I'd definitely return. Gluten free options and kid friendly too.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Much of the consensus of other review of this new eatery are pretty much on the $$$$Food was very good and nicely presented.Our server ,Rosann! was very nice
and worked hard to make us comfortable.I really liked the refried bean served up with the chips. W both had fajitas....the steak was cooked as requested...Med rare..not easy to do for this dish...presentation was excellent ..the sauce had a not so desirable after taste...but overall the meal was very good.
The "head waiter" needs to work on his interpersonal skills ...not a likable person!
I had a promotional coupon which They posted...but after I was in the restaurant they refused to honor it ...not a Plus !

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Food good but service so slow. Place not busy. 45 minutes for an appetizer. No forks, knives or napkins. Service is a joke!! Spent much time in Mexico with faster service. 2nd time here and probably my last!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Five adults and four kids visited Guacamole's to dine on the patio. Took a minute to set up but we were soon seated and ordering drinks. Recommend the pitcher of Margarita's. The menu is large but not always informative enough. Two of the shrimp entrees were not described very well. A "cooked in garlic sauce" was fra diablo and another was a ceviche and served cold. The meals were tasty and the amounts were generous.
Service was very good as well. They have indoor and outdoor seating and were very busy on a Wednesday evening.
We will be returning to Guacamole's this summer to try some new dishes. Good food and fair pricing ensures that.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Huge menu, which may contribute to the long wait times reviewers have experienced. We were there on a Sunday night, so not so busy, and we did not have any wait. Perhaps they will pare the menu down over time based on what is most popular. I liked that there was more than the usual "CT Mexican" fare of tacos, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, fajitas, etc. I had an appetizer ceviche for dinner. It was huge. And excellent. Reviewers have commented on the menu being pricey, and it is, but the portions are very generous. They might consider smaller portions at lower price points. I could see why reviewers said the dining room is diner-like. Seating is a lot of booths, wall decor is spare, and no room dividers. The bar is cozier and there is outdoor seating. Large margarita is a good value.