“Great service with many smiles”

Four Seasons Market
Ranked #31 of 147 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This store always is friendly and willing to help. They listen to your recommendations and go out of their way to always help you. The prepared foods are excellent

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Greater than salad bar. The hot bar offerings are always top notch.
Great baked goods. very friendly staff. A pleasure
Great for eat in or take out.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

My husband and I were in Branford and asked a "local" where a good place to get lunch was. The woman suggested "Four Seasons Market". They are a health food store in front, but in the back was an amazing salad bar and hot food bar! Everything seemed to be 6.99 lb. from the food bars. They also made sandwiches. My husband and I chose from the salad bar. I had assorted lettuces with chicken salad which I put on top, and Butternut squash soup. My husband made a container of, well, everything he could fit! Lettuce, rice, black beans, broccoli, onions,carrots, chicken salad...the list goes on and on! ;) What a great find! There is plenty of seating inside and outside in a lovely garden. This is a gem! We will be back!

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Wow. Granted that I went in on a Tuesday afternoon, when store shelves are not always full. But this was just plain grim. Few items in the fresh fruit & vegetables bins, the refrigerated vegetable section, breads ... well, just about everything. But worst was the sullen service and totally indifferent attitudes of people working there. Glum, glum, glum. Nary a smile or welcome.

I never expect to be greeted at any grocery store with bells on, but an occasional smile would be nice. The faces on every single person working in the place was such a bummer that I didn't browse... I didn't look at their bakery section because yet another dour-faced guy was behind the counter ... hardly inviting, even though I did want to buy a few special treats for visitors the next. I eventually high-tailed out of Four Seasons as fast as I could.

I bought exactly 10 items. Of the three fresh-vegetable items I bought that didn't require weighing, the checkout person was totally clueless and incorrect and was about to bill me 2X the prices that were listed in the refrigerated section (for green leaf lettuce and scallions). If I had not been paying attention, I would have ended up paying $3 or more than the listed price for those two small items. (My eventual bill came to about $17. It would have been more than $20 if I hadn't been paying attention.) The checker's blase attitude about the discrepancies made me think that this is the common ruse that they play with when people check out. Verify the checkout price on each and every item!!!

I saw and memorized the prices within the paltry 5 minutes I was in the vegetable section -- and somehow the checkout person didn't know the real prices, when she works there all day??? I'm sorry, but I don't think that's just incompetence--I think it's an owner's policy to try to rip off unobservant customers.

It was an unpleasant experience all around. I bought a few small packages from the deli counter (once I could manage to get someone's attention after standing there, completely ignored, waiting for 5 or 10 minutes, while several people behind the counters swirled around) from an attendant who looked like she was contemplating suicide. Actually, everyone who works there looks like they're ready to commit suicide.

The salad bar does not display its price per pound anymore. Hmmm.

The food is good but this is a very demoralizing place to frequent these days.

Something has gone very wrong here lately. I don't know if it's been a change in ownership or management, but I won't go back again. It used to be a reasonably pleasant place--though always expensive-- to go to pick up a few things, but now I'd rather navigate the parking lots at the big grocery stores even when I want to just run in and out.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

I will only visit if I am in a pinch and need something now as I live close, have a mixed review was not sure what to make of this place as when I walked in It was run by Chinese people. I thought it was a world market, being culturally diverse on my eating habits I took a look. I found it to be diverse indeed. There are many health food, organic, holistic, paleo and much more. There is a patio or eat in area for their menus which include stuffed breads, salad bar, desserts, sandwiches breakfast and more, they also have a deli that carries boars head products.
as with most markets of this type they are on the high price side. many things found cheaper in grocery store or online now.

The only things I find off putting are I tend to have a to wait a very long time for service, not sure if its when I go but they are never busy when I am there just doing other things. Very often I am not even acknowledged with a "we will be right with you " or anything. I also don't find most of the employees very welcoming or friendly, actually quite rude at times.. I would visit more often if they would change their public interaction skills. even if its a smile or hello if language is a barrier.
other than that it is a really good place if your health conscious