“Basic furnishings, but the food is outstanding!”
Review of Da Carmine's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Da Carmine's
Ranked #71 of 147 Restaurants in Branford
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Set in a strip mall this plain looking restaurant serves excellent food! Dined with spouse and his family of four (grandchildren ages 11 and 15), Salads included really fresh fixings in a generous portion. Six different orders, each raved about the taste; food served hot.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have seen Da Carmines from the road for a while but with so many restaurant choices I just haven't gotten there til tonight. I have to say I really like the place. The pizza was great and I had a special dish home made gnocci with gorgonzola cheese sauce and arugala it was amazing. You can just tell from watching this family work they know how to cook and care about their food. I love small places that are modest in cost, have a pretty decent menu and are family owned. Definitely worth a trip!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I like the owners there. The whole family works there and they are very dedicated to their pizzas. They also make a really nice and large antipasto salad. We went with my brother and his girlfriend from Florida and they both liked it also.

1  Thank sandra t
Reviewed 11 October 2011

No frills, good pizza, friendly owner..People are serious about thier pizza in this area, best pizza in the world comes from greater New Haven,,,some like Pepe's, some like Sally's, Modern,,to each their own,but this place is a good steady place you should try.
They have tables and chairs, but this is not the place to come with the family for a sit down pizza eating expereince,,you could, but this is more of a take out place...

Reviewed 29 October 2010

We live in Branford and have tried pizza at several other pizzerias in town. Each was very good, but DA Carmine's was the best so far. First, the crust is a perfect blend of thin, crisp and chewy. The ingredients are fresh and tasty. To be fair, we only tried a red pizza with mozzarella, mushroom and garlic. And they deliver very promptly. Their prices are also a tad better than some of the others. (They did not charge extra for garlic, for example, whereas other pizzerias do.) After making the pizza rounds, we have settled on Da Carmine's as our first choice pizzeria in Branford.

1  Thank Donato777

Been to Da Carmine's? Share your experiences!