“Good place for a casual dinner”
Review of 56 Diner

56 Diner
Ranked #29 of 147 Restaurants in Branford
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We had an enjoyable dinner. They have a nice menu:salads, pasta dishes, entrees,sandwiches, burgers, breakfast all day, soups, drinks and desserts. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken. It was quite large with loads of greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh fruit. I really enjoyed it. My husband had a grilled chicken parm sandwich- large and tasty too. Our granddaughter had kids mac n cheese. She liked it a lot. In addition we had very good service.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Sorry, but this diner was awful. The service was slow and the food was cold. There is nothing here worth even talking about!

1  Thank JoJoPalumbo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My husband and I stayed in a nearby motel and after an exhausting day we wanted a quick meal before retiring for the evening. We selected this diner simply because it was very close by. To our delight we found the restaurant clean, attractively decorated and the menu varied. We ordered a patty and Ruben melts and they were served very quickly. The server was clean and courteous and the food was quite good. I would not hesitate to eat there on future trips.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

OMG.... where do I begin. The food here is terrible .... think about this, I ordered a burger and got their coleslaw in what could pass for a shot glass. The bun that the burger came on was so thin ..it was like wet paper and the tomato ... you could read a newspaper thru it. Folks do what you want as for me I will never be back ... never.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We recently ate at the 56 Diner because it was close to the hotel that we were staying at. We hit it up for breakfast one of the mornings. Overall it was a good diner. It didn't jump out at me as anything great or super special, but it doesn't mean that it isn't worth eating at. The service was friendly from everyone who dealt with us. The food portions were very large and the food was pretty good. I had the omelet and toast and it hit the spot. The meal was a good base for a day of wedding events. If you are near by it can be a good food spot for you.

Been to 56 Diner? Share your experiences!