All reviewslake compouncedouble treegreat hotelwarm cookiesmodern hotelcleaning staffroom servicehot tubrooms were very cleanbusiness tripupon checkexcellent staybreakfast buffetdefinitely stay here againbed was very comfortableespnct
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Overall, this is a nice hotel to stay in when visiting the western Mass area. The rooms are nice appointed and the staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good, but a bit overpriced, esecpially for a family. Had an issue with our room and the staff resolved it quickly and to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danielle D, Assistant Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly value your feedback! I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed our amenities and time on our property. Our staff strives to provide a positive guest experience to everyone we encounter and it's wonderful to see we could accomplish this for you. For future stays, we do have a bed and breakfast package available that includes breakfast and is not a huge increase with the rate. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Bristol. We hope to see you again! Safe Travels!

Danielle Dufault| Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Great hotel - highly recommended. They have a fully renovated and well-run facility that most hotels would be jealous of. The TV's are larger than most [although larger would be even better] [you can't get too large of a TV], lol] and the TV selection is finally pretty good. If they added MLB channel for Summer baseball, it would make them tops on the area. Their competition down the street offers MLB channel, but it is not the same atmosphere as the DoubleTree. DoubleTree offer a free breakfast in the morning if you are a Hilton Honors member - the breakfast is very good. OAN would also be a good add to the TV selection but it is only offered on Direct TV at this point of time. The rooms are very well kept and large. The location is perfect not too far from RT 95 next to ESPN.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback! I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed our amenities and your time on our property. Our team strives to provide a top notch guest experience to everyone we encounter and it's wonderful to see we were able to accomplish this for you! Thank you for the suggestions on adding the extra TV channels, I will pass this on to my upper management team. I personally love the breakfast selections we offer and I'm so happy to see you enjoyed it! Thank you for being a valued Hilton Honors member and for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Bristol. We are awaiting your next arrival with a warm cookie and smile! Safe Travels!

Danielle Dufault | Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Luxurious rooms, but wifi is intermittent and non existent at times. Hotel has a great hot tub and salt water pool which are well maintained. They need to think aobut having a real coffee shop where you can have a coffee and continental breakfast in the morning. They need to consider a good wifi carrier like comcast or verizon instead of att which is the worst.

Room Tip: ask about which part of the hotel has good wifi reception if any. probably quieter on a higher floor where we stayed.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I stayed at this Doubletree in late June 2018 and enjoyed my visit here very much. Lets take a look at the details:

First, the hotel is a bit removed from anyplace convenient — unless you work for ESPN — so its quite a slow, traffic-light filled four mile schlepp back to Interstate 84. From Bradley Airport, it’s about 45 minutes on the highways. On the other hand, it’s a pretty fine hotel. And it’s quiet. And it has a very nice restaurant, so I don’t need to wander up and down Route 10 looking for a burger at 9pm. So if your travels bring you in this direction it’s an excellent choice.

The building is relatively new and has been recently renovated (photo). There is a very handsome lobby with a bar, restaurant, a snack bar, and information displays. In my experience, the check-in was quick and convenient. The staff is super-friendly and chatty, which I appreciate after a day in waiting rooms or airports. I normally don’t use hotel restaurants, but in this case the restaurant was fine and the lobby bar very busy, popular and pleasant. There also is an EXCELLENT, truly world-class, pool and work-out room. I was very pleased.

Heading upstairs, I found the room to be very modern, very efficient and maybe just a little crowded (in this case, it had two double beds). There was a real closet, not an armoire, and there was a full length mirror — nice touch which is rare and much appreciated these days. There also was a luggage rack and an interesting coffee maker (more on that in a minute).

On the downside, the desk was barely adequate when loaded up with the laptop, the lamp, the TV, and all their silly advertising brochures. In fact, it definitely was a little cramped. There was no room for exercising in this room.

The WIFI service was sufficient. My OKLA wifi speed test results showed a DOWNLOAD of 4.87 Mbps and an almost identical UPLOAD speed of 4.80 Mbps. These are more than good enough for streaming videos and working the emails.

The bathroom was terrific, simply nailed it, even "the Russian judge" would approve of this bathroom. There was a very good shower, lots of hot water, strong pressure, an abundance of towels, and they offered REAL soap and shampoo, not the annoying pump bottle soaps the Courtyards are migrating to.

Now, there are three items which stop this hotel from being perfect. They are the electrical sources, the chair, and the coffee maker.

First, lets talk about electrons. I’m traveling by myself and I still have five devices which need to be recharged most evenings. But you wouldn’t know it was the 21st century at the Doubletree. There was insufficient electrical access without getting down on your knees on the floor — that’s a mistake, in a newly renovated facility. I had to unplug the desk lamp to free up an outlet for my PC and rechargers. That’s a trade-off one should not have to make.

Next, there barely was any room for an easy chair — a not very comfortable easy chair, I might add — and you practically had to crawl over the bed to get to it. The TV was bolted to the wall and pointed at the beds, which was annoying when watching the golf from the easy chair. Eventually, I rolled the desk chair between the beds (photo), just so I could see without getting a neck cramp.

Lastly, there was a nice but odd coffee maker in the room. It is designed to make TWO cups of coffee simultaneously (see photo). It took a couple tries to get it working right; my first cup went all over the counter. Safety tip: if you’re only making one cup be sure to put the cup under the left-hand side.

All in all, I liked the hotel very much — the staff, the ambiance, the quiet location. I was just a little frustrated by its odd inconsistencies. How can somebody renovate a hotel and put in such a great restaurant, a fine gym, great bathrooms, and not put enough outlets on the desk? Or make the TV stand adjustable? It’s just weird.

That said, next time I’m in Bristol I’ll pick the Doubletree. It’s 99% of the way to perfect.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Place was very quiet. Rooms were very clean with two queen beds. Tv was a good size. Shower had good pressure. Very close to Lake Compounce. Sports bar in hotel convenient. Decent beers on tap. Pizza was great for price.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Danielle D, Assistant Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your feedback! I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed our amenities and time on our property. Our TimeOut Sports and Pizza bar is one of my favorite features of our hotel and I'm so happy to see you enjoyed it! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Bristol. We hope to see you again! Safe Travels!