“lunch”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Haven't been here in years. I ordered the regular burger med rare. Instead of chips I opted for fries ( $2.00 ) more .... yep ! Like buying a car .... "oh you want tires for that " Any how got my burger it was well done. What is going on here ??? I may or may not be back. Maybe it was an off day. We'll see. OH.... BTW the burger was $12.95 !!!!

1  Thank El S

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My family has been eating at Chips Pub lll for the past 20 years and has always called it our “favorite restaurant”.
So when my daughter was home from college this weekend and we decided to go out to eat for some quality family time, she requested to go to Chips. We arrived about 8:30pm and was a typical crowded Friday night. No wait which was nice. Waitress greeted us promptly and although friendly she seemed very rushed. There is a new menu in the past 6 months and most items from the previous menu are between $2-$4 more.

I ordered a Seafood Platter $24 and it came with a salad. Salad was served and I’m finished and waiting for my dinner(a fair amount of time had lapsed). The waitress comes over to tell me they are out of scallops. She offered more of other items but for $24 Calamari and Shrimp just didn’t seem worth it. She brings me the menu again and I decide to order Prime Rib medium rare for $24. Waitress brings it out with the other meals. It is completely brown with not one ounce of red/pink. Waitress suggests that I cut into it because it might be “medium rare in the middle”. I’m thinking to myself “I ordered the whole piece of meat not just the middle” It is obvious to me at this point that the $24 Prime Rib has been pre-cooked and pan fried/cooked to order. I cut into it and it was cooked to medium in the middle. It was tough to cut but I try a piece, hoping it will taste better than it looks. Not a chance, it was dry and mealy. So as my family is eating their meals (will get to that in a minute) the waitress brings me back the menu for a 3rd time. I’m loosing my appetite by this point so I decide to order the award winning Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl. I’ve had this many times in the past and it’s been delicious. What I should have realized was this was another night and an apparently “new” Chips Pub lll. The Chowder arrived in the typical Bread Bowl looking quilt appetizing. Unfortunately, the Chowder was thin in consistency and virtually tasteless. When I again summoned our waitress back to tell her about my disappointment about yet my 3rd attempt at a meal she replied “it depends on who makes the Chowder how it tastes.” I had it on the tip of my tongue to ask her if the price was reduced when the the “odd chef out” is cooking but I refrained. She also mentioned they have a “new Chef”. Wherever the previous Chef is go find him!! Run!!

Meanwhile, as I’m going through my debacle my daughter was eating her extremely greasy grilled pastrami sandwich. Yes, pastrami is greasy but this took the cake. Her pretzel bun was literally dripping grease. My husband had a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich that had virtually no sauce and was dry. My son had a Bacon Cheeseburger that looked appetizing and he said tasted “okay”.

In the midst of all of these problems NOT ONCE did a manager come to our table to discuss the problems we were having. I tried not to be upset with the waitress, after all she is just bringing out what the kitchen is giving her. However, her lack of customer service skills as well as very slow service were another negative to what was a horrible experience.

2  Thank willie2752
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Chip's Pub III consistently serves tasty pub food that does not disappoint. The menu is fairly large, the food is well-prepared and the service is usually friendly and efficient. And the kitchen is open till 11:00 pm every night, which is actually late for this area.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I am never disappointed at Chips Pub III . The food is amazing. The service is amazing. Their menu has a large variety of choices. I would recommend this place to anyone in the Clinton CT area.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We were in the area for a few days and spotted this Pub and gave it a try! It was a great find. The bar area was fun, the servers were all friendly and efficient, great drinks, and the food was amazing! Meals come with a large salad with mixed greens and the garlic herb dressing is amazing! Really enjoyed our meals and our night at Chip's Pub!