“A Lovely Respite”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coventry
The Daniel Rust House
Ranked #1 of 4 Coventry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stayed in the Anna White Room, the other couple with us stayed in the Mary Rose Room. Both rooms were on the second floor across the hall from each other. What a delight, every detail thought of as if you were in your own home from little footstools to pillows on the chairs. The jacuzzi in the Anna White Room was quiet with real candles surrounding the tub and a provided lighter. There was even a small water fountain on the sink to complete the aura of a calming atmosphere. The owners Germaine and Kathy were so welcoming, and made every effort to make our stay with them a wonderful experience. The inn is immaculate and gardens beautifully tended with flowers blooming everywhere. They served a full breakfast in the dining room with fresh flowers and lovely antique china from the women's own homes from before they purchased the inn. The dining room has separate tables, but was intimate enough that everyone was talking to each other. The mattress in the Anna White Room was very comfortable with nice bedding. The only thing I would have preferred is the option of a soft pillow as the pillows were very firm. The windows could be left open in the bedroom and bathroom. The inn is located very close to the street and we could hear the traffic, but with the ac running it wasn't noticeable. All and all a wonderful and restful overnight we would enjoy doing again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for such kind words. It was a pleasure having you all stay with us. So nice when guests are super friendly and fun!! Glad you enjoyed your stay, we would love to enjoy your company again in the future! Say hi to all for us. Cathy & Germaine.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had a lovely one night stay at the Daniel Rust House. The owners are the best hosts - super knowledgeable about the history of the house and really gracious and welcoming. The house is filled with fascinating history which we so enjoyed learning about. Our room was fabulous - super huge, with a great comfy bed and the best jacuzzi around. A wonderful retreat! In the morning we were treated to a delicious and bountiful breakfast. We were only able to stay one night, but we would recommend staying for two or more nights, is possible. This is a wonderful historic place to relax and be refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you so much for such kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay (and that wonderful jacuzzi!!) and we sure hope to see you again, maybe for a longer stay too?? LOL.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I had to present at a conference at UCONN and wanted to find a place to stay the night before the conference. When I made the reservation, I was simply expecting to 'spend the night' at the Daniel Rust House. I never imagined that my one-night stay would turn into a mini getaway! My only regret is that I was not fully able to take advantage of all that was available because my schedule was just too tight. I can't say enough about my overnight. I was 'upgraded' to a GORGEOUS room (without even asking), I enjoyed a wonderful historic tour of the house, the hostess accommodated me with an early breakfast, and I was able to have a restful sleep before my presentation. The room was perfect including the comfortable bed, fine linens, multiple pillows, and spacious facility. An added plus was the 'dog advice' I received from the owner. I can't wait to return to the Daniel Rust House with my husband for a romantic vacation!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the house. I had the windows open and was a little distracted by the noise...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

We are so very happy to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again! Hope the dog advice helped!!!! Thanks again for such kind words about The DRH BnB.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Wonderful historic house. Fabulous inn keepers, accommodations and food...oh...the food! We sat by the fire with other guests and the inn keepers and had such a delightful time! After two days we felt like old and dear friends. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you for such kind words. We love connecting with our guests and making new friends. We look forward to seeing you both again too. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Genuinely historic. A quiet night's sleep. A great breakfast. The hostess was helpful without being too garrulous. A pleasant base for exploring the Connecticut countryside. This area isn't a tourist mecca, but it has old New England charm.

Stayed: March 2017

Been to The Daniel Rust House? Share your experiences!