US$179
US$165
Agoda.com
Best Western Storrs(Mansfield Center)
US$109
Book now, pay at stay
US$58
Rodeway Inn(Willington)
US$59
All reviewsrose roombed and breakfasthistoric houseone night stayblueberry pancakesnext morningsausage dishuconncottagehostsfireplacemaryjacuzziaccommodationsconnecticutwalnuts
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had a lovely one night stay at the Daniel Rust House. The owners are the best hosts - super knowledgeable about the history of the house and really gracious and welcoming. The house is filled with fascinating history which we so enjoyed learning about. Our room was fabulous - super huge, with a great comfy bed and the best jacuzzi around. A wonderful retreat! In the morning we were treated to a delicious and bountiful breakfast. We were only able to stay one night, but we would recommend staying for two or more nights, is possible. This is a wonderful historic place to relax and be refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you so much for such kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay (and that wonderful jacuzzi!!) and we sure hope to see you again, maybe for a longer stay too?? LOL.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I had to present at a conference at UCONN and wanted to find a place to stay the night before the conference. When I made the reservation, I was simply expecting to 'spend the night' at the Daniel Rust House. I never imagined that my one-night stay would turn into a mini getaway! My only regret is that I was not fully able to take advantage of all that was available because my schedule was just too tight. I can't say enough about my overnight. I was 'upgraded' to a GORGEOUS room (without even asking), I enjoyed a wonderful historic tour of the house, the hostess accommodated me with an early breakfast, and I was able to have a restful sleep before my presentation. The room was perfect including the comfortable bed, fine linens, multiple pillows, and spacious facility. An added plus was the 'dog advice' I received from the owner. I can't wait to return to the Daniel Rust House with my husband for a romantic vacation!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the house. I had the windows open and was a little distracted by the noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

We are so very happy to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again! Hope the dog advice helped!!!! Thanks again for such kind words about The DRH BnB.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Wonderful historic house. Fabulous inn keepers, accommodations and food...oh...the food! We sat by the fire with other guests and the inn keepers and had such a delightful time! After two days we felt like old and dear friends. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you for such kind words. We love connecting with our guests and making new friends. We look forward to seeing you both again too. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Genuinely historic. A quiet night's sleep. A great breakfast. The hostess was helpful without being too garrulous. A pleasant base for exploring the Connecticut countryside. This area isn't a tourist mecca, but it has old New England charm.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I took my fiance here last year for her birthday. It was beautiful home decorated for the holidays . The owners are wonderful and gave us a tour and history of the house which use to serve as an underground railroad. The jacuzzi room with fireplace could not have been more perfect and romantic. Not to mention the price was great. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. If your into b& b like we are this is a must try.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Cathy082357, Owner at The Daniel Rust House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Oh, we are so glad you were happy with your stay. Thank you for the kind words David, we love giving tours and the cool history of the house and glad you liked it too. Happy New Year to you both.