All reviews hot tub the hotel staff meeting room an older hotel king room off the highway front desk staff hotel room family wedding fitness center flat screen tv the entire staff convenient location bed was very comfortable conference francis sauna
Reviewed 11 July 2018

We had a large group of rooms for a nearby wedding. Keys didn't work when issues for everyone in our party, all checking in on multiple days and times. While it is understandable that the hotel had recently changed ownership, the state of the place was more than disrepair. Doors that should have been locked after dark remained propped open. Parking was an issue. Overall the property is terribly outdated and simply not maintained.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Agata T, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team at Red Lion Hotel we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve our property over the next few months. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well maintained and comfortable atmosphere for our guests.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The staff was friendly, helpful and very responsive with the issues we experienced in the room. The bathtub leaked and was not scrubbed well. The rug could have used a better cleaning. There was sufficient hot water, lighting and air conditioning. This year, there was an area for dogs--that was a good addition, but I wish the staff had told us about it when we checked in. We found it by chance on the second day.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for visiting us at the Red Lion Hotel Cromwell. I hope we achieved our goal in making your stay memorable by providing outstanding service. We strive to make the experience at the Red Lion one you will remember forever. Therefore, your comments are very important to us

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I came here for the Eckankar conference, and I don’t get here every year but apparently they use this hotel and have used it for many years. I enjoyed the hotel stay although honestly I thought the hotel seems a little bit dirty. I think it needs a complete overhaul, but that being said, it’s a good value and service was good. I called ahead and was told the pool was no longer available because of construction, and I explained that my fiancé loves swimming and I really hoped the pool would be working. I believe that they stopped working on it so that we could use the pool over the weekend, which I really appreciate. I could see that they were in the middle of some repairs. It’s a nice space and layout. The restaurant food wasn’t the best but it was OK. The chef was willing to make my fiancé a grilled cheese sandwich as he is a vegetarian and that was extremely generous and I really was impressed that he went out of his way for us in that way. I just think it’s an older building that probably needs new paint, new rugs, and maybe some construction, but everyone did a good job. Air-conditioning was too cold, but they did turn it down for us a little bit. The hotel room itself was very clean and nice, but the refrigerator made a ticking noise every so often that was quite loud at night, and the walls are very thin. Air-conditioning in the room worked well and I slept well. The pillows were great and the bed comfy.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My stay at the Red Lion was for a wedding that I attended at a close by venue in May 2018.

The first problem that I ran into was that they did not want to check me into my room. There was a block of rooms set aside for the wedding long in advance and it was very easy to book a room. Once I got there, I knew I was three hours early before check in time and all I wanted to do was get my room key because I was in the wedding party and would not be returning to the hotel until almost 1am the following day. It turned into a complete and total unnecessary process. I explained to the desk worker that I was not going anywhere near the room until after the wedding. After much unnecessary aggravation, I was finally given a room key.

Second, on a Sunday morning at 730am I heard someone vacuuming in the hallway and then about an hour later at 830am...the maid attempted to enter my room to clean and noticed that I was still asleep. I did not think I needed to put a do not disturb sign on the door at 830am or for that matter be woken up to a vaccum at 730am. This happened to all of us who were staying in the same block of rooms and one of our group actually had the do not disturb sign removed from their door. I will stop from speaking for them at this point because they are going to be reviewing the hotel as well.

Third, there was a prom taking place that night and it was raining out. There were ushers for the prom standing on a staircase near the entrance. The bride's mother asked them to briefly move so that we could take professional pictures with the complete wedding party and they initially refused as if they owned the staircase. There was hotel staff in the area and nothing was said to ushers.

Fourth, while heading to the venue for the wedding (we needed to be there earlier as we were in the wedding party), my friends wife attempted to check into their room. My friend who was with me and in the wedding party as well had his credit card that he reserved the room with in his pocket. The red lion would not allow his WIFE to check in because she did not have the card. I called and told the desk staff to book it to my card since I was already there in person and had presented my card to them when I checked in and they still refused to allow her to check in.

Lastly, on the only positive note the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

I do not recommend this hotel for the sole purpose of the issues that happened with the cleaning staff that early on a Sunday morning nevermind the other issues that occurred with check in and all.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Agata T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to voice these concerns. We would like to address each one for purposes of clarification.
As is the case with most hotels, staff cannot issue a key to a vacated room until the room has been cleaned, because prior to that time the room will be unlocked and unsuitable for check-in or even luggage deposit. Since this wedding group did not prearrange for guaranteed early arrivals, and all the rooms were still dirty from the previous night’s full occupancy until normal check-in time of 3:00pm, we were regrettablyunable to provide keys ahead of time. This is a security measure for all guests, both departing and arriving.
Second, at this property, on busy days it may be necessary for housekeepers to begin cleaning as early as 7:00am. This information is included on our webpage.
Third, the hotel staff and management cannot be held responsible for guests refusing to vacate common areas unless these areas had been booked ahead of time for private parties, which was not the case in this instance.
Fourth, hotel policy stipulates that the party paying for a given room must able to present a photo ID that matches the card to be used (barring a pre-completed authorization form). This is another crucial security measure to avoid impersonation and theft.
We hope that you willweigh these factors in your final assessment of this and other properties and that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I am a Seminar Speaker. I arrived in my seminar room at 7am, and was greeted with Carlos and his team. The room had been set for 31 people, and I was expecting 57 people. Carlos, Benjamin, and Francesco had my room set for 57 people in less than 20 minutes, and they were extremely helpful during the entire process.

Kinda, a sweet young lady in Food and Beverage, made sure I had an amazing lunch of homemade chicken soup and a side salad. It was such a treat to be treated with so much consideration.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Agata T, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Sunhawkins, every Guest is a Valued Guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. We hope that you Experienced Exceptional Service as intended by our Management and Staff.

We sincerely appreciate your business and we value the opinions. We hope to see you soon!