“Best Brisket Ever”
Review of The Cue

The Cue
Ranked #12 of 286 Restaurants in Danbury
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

4 of us for dinner. All happy with our choices.
Brisket was best I have ever had...melted in my mouth. Great BBQ rub on the outside A++
Rack of Ribs..bangin! A
5 Pork dish, awesome. A-
NY Strip Special tender and cooked perfectly B++
We started with the Wedge salad...more like an iceburg capresi...I recommend getting it with blue cheese dressing rather than the balsamic.
The cole slaw side dish is vinegar based...no mayo in the dressing and I like my slaw creamier.
The house montepulciano was outstanding.
Great food. Good service. Cant wait to go again.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I will admit to writing this while slipping in an out of a wonderful brisket coma! Having lived in Austin, TX for quite a few years I consider myself to be a wee bit of a BBQ snob. I was very pleased at the quality of the smoked meats particularly the beef brisket. It had a great char on it and still retained a nice juicy tenderness. I like having the sauces on the side so you can choose the flavor and amount that suites you. The baked beans were flavorful and bacony without being overly sweet and the mashed sweet potatoes were as good as it gets. I was particularly pleased with the braised smoked bacon collard greens which can sometimes be mushy and bitter. These were anything but that. I absolutely have to go back to work my way through the rest of the menu.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Well, as many of you know, I do not rate a restaurant on only my first visit. I do this because having been in the business myself, I realize that there are other reasons why a "one-time-visit" may not be an accurate representation of the establishment. With this all said, I must tell you that I cannot express my disappointment in The Cue.

I went there with very good friends of ours from Maine to try it for the first time. I cannot tell you how happy we all were with this new restaurant in our area. We were so impressed that our friend visiting from Maine said the clam chowder was better than he gets back home. He also said "this is our new 'go to' place when we come down for a visit." I was so happy the place I picked had him so positive. We all raved about the food, service and drinks.

I was taken back to The Cue in December 2016 for my birthday. I was looking forward to our second visit since we were "blown away" with the first. Oh Boy ... how disappointing this visit was. First, after being seated, we waited almost 25 minutes until someone came to us to ask us if we needed anything. This was after I got the attention of a person 2 times, only to be told that "your waitress would be with you shortly." We finally ordered and everyone's food came except mine. My food came out 30 minutes later and the rest of our party was almost done. The waitress came to our table and started to "clean up" when I stopped her to tell her "I just received my food!" I asked her for a glass of wine ...25 minutes later the wine was delivered! All of us commented that the food this trip was not up to the first visit we had a couple of months ago. Everything tasted sub-par and the service was horrible. Thanks Cue for the birthday remembrance.

I decided to be a bit kinder and give The Cue another chance, you know 3 times the charm. We recommended this place to other friends of ours who came with us to see if our experiences were a fluke. Well, everything that happened at my birthday celebration was repeated in our visit this past April 2017. Service receives an "F", food receives a "D", and attitude of the place receives a "C". I wish I could have written a better or more positive review but I cannot believe an establishment as The Cue with known proprietors could allow this restaurant to be this poor. I guess The Cookhouse in New Milford will be my "go to place" from now on.

1  Thank TazRon
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Went there for dinner we had been there once before. The food was great, but the owner needs to remember that everybody should be treated equal. We arrived around 5:20 PM without a reservation. We were told it would be 10 minutes. Another couple came in 10 minutes after us also without a reservation they were told 10 minutes. The owner came over to us and the other couple to say it would be an additional 10 minutes. We told him no problem. The other couple started a conversation with the owner telling him what a great job he did with the place. About 10 minutes later the girl went over to the over couple to sit them down at a table and we were left sitting there after waiting for 30 plus minutes! We spoke to the girl about taking the other couple fist and she said sorry but that's what the owner told me to do. We told her we had been before the other couple she said she was sorry and said you can speak with the owner. We told her to remove our names and left. This is not the way to operate a business. We were patiently waiting for a table even though we were told 10 minutes and we were already there for 30. Any other establishment is first come first serve!

1  Thank mwiltse9
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick lunch and to specifically sample the pulled pork. Very good sandwich / the pork was tender, the sauce was good and the slaw had the right amount of tang. The roll was too big and heavy for my liking, but still tasted pretty good.