We drive from Pittsburgh to New England and back several times a year with our little dog, and need a place to stop that is more or less halfway. We tried the Danbury La Quinta because of the excellent reviews from other travelers and the "pets stay free" policy (at least if the pets don't wreck anything), and booked again for the return trip.
I can confirm that it is an excellent value, friendly and helpful people, and a very comfortable room. The fridge and microwave are handy if you have leftovers or want to chill some drinks for the next day's trip. We didn't sample the pool or exercise room, but both looked inviting for people who can't go a day without their workout.
It is essential to me to have good Internet connectivity when traveling, and the in-room wifi here was among the best I have encountered at any hotel outside of Silicon Valley -- plenty of bandwidth to stream video if you want to.
The breakfast buffet (included) was very good for a hotel without its own restaurant -- all the usual uncooked things, plus fruit, eggs, sausages, and TWO of those flip-over waffle machines -- not too much time waiting for waffle time, even when it's busy.
Immediately adjacent is an Outback Steakhouse, and you can order food from them to be delivered to the hotel desk if that's more convenient than eating there. Lots of other restaurants nearby by car, but we didn't explore them.
We will definitely be stopping here in the future whenever we want to break our journey in the Danbury area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award, a designation for earning the Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Directly off I-84, our La Quinta is ideally located. We are just minutes from Candlewood Lake, Western Connecticut State University and The Ridgefield Playhouse. The hotel is a great resting stop for those travelers continuing to northern destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, Maine and Canada as well as those heading for the southern Atlantic states. A day trip to NYC is always fun! Located nearby are local vineyards on the Connecticut Wine Trail, antique shops on the famous Route 6 corridor, ski resorts and amusement parks such as Lake Compounce. Many corporations such as Pitney Bowes, Praxair, Entegris, Emerson, Sealed Air and Duracell are home to the Danbury/Bethel area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury features 133 guest rooms. Travelers enjoy our free Bright Side Breakfast™ each morning and all rooms provide free High-Speed wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Pets are always welcome! Energize in our complimentary fitness room and in the summer, relax and refresh in or outdoor salt water pool. The on-site Outback Steakhouse is available to enjoy a mouthwatering meal for lunch and dinner or to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge. These thoughtful amenities also make the La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury the perfect spot to accommodate family and friends as a group or individually for weddings, reunions, sporting and theater events. We look forward to having you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury