“It's okay...But there's many better”
Review of Rosy Tomorrows

Rosy Tomorrows
Ranked #6 of 292 Restaurants in Danbury
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and I chose to have lunch while we were in the Danbury area on a weekday and we'd passed this restaurant like a million times so...we decided to give it a try. The restaurant appears welcoming enough and there's nice seating outside, but it was a hot, humid day so we opted to eat inside. The booth that we were seated at was next to a window and, frankly, it was not a clean window. In fact, the entire area didn't give the cleanest of appearances but it wasn't so bad that we wanted to ask to be seated somewhere else. All the booths looked the same. I had a good cold draft beer so in that department I was quite satisfied. The menu is pretty big and there are a good number of appealing dishes to chose from. (I should also point out that the menu is imposing in it appearance and physical feel, but it was genuinely dog-eared and even if it cost the proprietor a "pretty penny" it should have, long ago, been retired rather than present it to customers today. I ordered a lobster reuben and my wife ordered a turkey burger. Both looked good. When it came to my sandwich, it was ample...very ample and it did look good. But, I have to say that it didn't taste as good as it did look. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it, but it just lacked any real taste. Now, that's hard to do that with a reuben but, alas, it left me flat. My wife said her turkey burger was tasty but clearly overcooked, in some areas, actually burned. She had the fried sweet potatoes as a side dish (which came...as a substitution for regular fries...with her turkey burger) and she said they tasted good but they weren't even close to hot. Of course there is the option of sending food back but she said since her food did taste all right it was okay and she'd rather not make an issue of it. That's an option that the individual diner has to make for themselves because it does remain that sending the food back to be reheated, for example, would be an option. The one saving grace of the lunch were my french fried potatoes. They were downright excellent and came as a very ample serving. All in all, the lunch was, to be totally honest, a bit disappointing, though not bad. So, I feel comfortable with saying this is an average restaurant and to be fair, it's been where it is for a very long time and they seem to be doing a vigorous business so maybe we just dined there on an off day.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Our meals were great. But the Seafood Chowder was really delicious! Music Sunday evening was very good also!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Our overnight stay on our way home from Maine was located very near Rosy Tomorrow’s. Such a convenient location. Even better was the atmosphere and even better the food! Excellent pinacolada! The best filet mignon sliders!Great visit! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Friends took us here for lunch...great service and atmosphere along with multiple menu items. Had the caesars salad with a side of coconut shrimp...very good! Would definitely come back here next time we're in this part of CT.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Met our son and daughter-in-law to celebrate my husband's birthday. Fun place, love the atmosphere. Lots of artifacts all over. The food is delicious. Had the clams, calamari, cod and shrimp, with onions and butter sauce served over linginue. Excellent. My husband had the fish chowder and steamed mussels. Son and daughter-in-law garbage burger and chicken sandwich. Would definietly go back if we're in the area. We live in NY and son and daughter-in- law on Long Island.

Been to Rosy Tomorrows? Share your experiences!