“Not to be missed! Put on your list of B&B's to visit!”
Review of Bishopsgate Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Haddam
Bishopsgate Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 East Haddam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2015

My husband and I had an opportunity to try Bishopsgate Inn for our 26th anniversary and found it to be a fantastic choice! The rooms were not only beautiful with such character but incredibly comfortable and spacious. Our bed was like sleeping on a cloud and gave us a wonderful night's sleep. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts, as well as a variety of inns over the years but what was exceptional about Bishopsgate Inn is the amount of privacy that is given when wanted. There is a beautiful outside patio that we had drinks on as well as a small porch off our room that we could enjoy as well. The owners were very friendly and were always available if anything was needed, from directions to the best place for a nice dinner or an ice cream cone! Their knowledge of the history of the inn made for a fun addition to our trip since we love hearing about the history of the homes and the towns they are in. Part of the charm was the wonderful breakfast that was served on the beautiful dining room table when we got ourselves going the next morning. Everything was fresh and could easily compete with a 5 star restaurant. If you are looking for a clean, charming and welcoming stay then Bishopsgate Inn should be on your list. I did have to make reservations in advance as they have a strong following so don't wait to the last minute. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask the innkeepers about their different rooms, each has their own charm. We enjoyed the private po...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura W

Reviewed 10 December 2014

My Wife suprised me with a wonderful weekend where we stayed at Bishopsgate in East Haddam Ct. . This is a wonderful Bed and Breakfast as many are it always of the old days when life was much simpler and people were people and this was certainly the case here . The owners the guests were all so firendly like we were all part of the family! We also went to dinner and a Christmas play at the Goodspeed Opera House which were all within walking distance ! What a great and relaxing vacation which I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: If you always wanted to go to the Goodspeed Opera House then this is the place to stay ! Have fun.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Bishopsgate Inn one night in September. Jane the owner and Lisa her daughter-in-law immediately made us feel welcome. The Blue Heaven room was spotless, neat and tidy, bright and sunny. (The picture on their website shows blue walls with the furniture arranged differently.) The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. We met the other guests who told us they had stayed there many times before. (That’s always a good sign.) Many people do stay there because of its proximity to the Goodspeed Opera House. Other nearby attractions are the Essex Steam Train and the Gillette Castle. My wife and I definitely enjoyed our stay there and would return to the Bishopsgate if we’re ever in the area again. Our only recommendation would be to pick one of the other rooms in order to get a larger bathroom, since the one in Blue Heaven is quite small.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John T C
Reviewed 20 September 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 excellent nights and wish we could have stayed longer.
Jane and Lisa were super friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble.
We stayed in the Directors Suite and we loved it - extremely comfortable bed, large bathroom, and wonderful decor. This suite has modern facilities while the whole Inn has retained it's old world charms (the Inn is almost 200 years old).
It seems like every time you look around the Inn you will see something you didn't notice before.
We would love to stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2Winstones
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my first time doing a review of an accommodation. My point is I have never felt compelled to do so before now. While I won't say that I haven't enjoyed other places in the past I just haven't ever had the motivation to do a write up of a stay before. Admittedly this is only the second time I've stayed at an Inn but I have stayed at hundreds of motel/hotel locations and if I could be guaranteed that all Inn stays could be like my experience at Bishopsgate I'd be doing Inns every chance I got. Bishopsgate was so much more than a place to to lay our heads at night. While I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much we enjoyed our bright, clean beautiful room and how awesome our breakfast was, for my girlfriend and I, Jane Kagel and her family were a significant reason why I am writing this. They were the gateway to our to all the areas experiences that made our weekend awesome! Ok.....I said awesome 3....no 4 times now.
What a great place! What a great family!
Andy & Joanne

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy P

Been to Bishopsgate Inn? Share your experiences!