All reviewscorner roomgarden suitethe goodspeed opera houseboardman roomfrench toastb bsradiant heatprivate entranceconnecticut rivernew englandlocal attractionswithin walking distancenice sizecomfortable bedshort drivefrench roomone night stay
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Beautiful old mansion conveniently located near local attractions: Museums, Music, Hiking, etc. Spotless and comfortable room - heated floor in bathroom! Best french toast we've ever had. One suggestion: if you want more than one slice you need to ask for it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My first visit to Goodspeed Opera House was completely enhanced by staying the night at Boardman House. I just wish I could have stayed longer and I cannot wait for another excuse to come back. The Garden Suite is beautiful and comfortable, complete with under floor heating in the bathroom. I slept very well indeed. I only had yoghurt for breakfast, but it tasted delicious and fellow guests' French Toast looked very tasty indeed. Mia is charming and helpful.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is large with a separate area to watch TV. Lovely porch to the front of room to relax.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Traveled to the area to have lunch on the Lady Katharine, and see an evening performance at Goodspeed with my mother. Everything was wonderful as we had booked at the Boardman House Inn. We had a beautiful room to rest in before the show and to spend the night before leaving the next morning. The Boardman is beautiful, our room was large, spotless, and very comfortable. It was on the first floor and a delicious breakfast was served in the gorgeous dining room, also on the first floor. Our room was suggested upon booking by the innkeeper as my mother can not walk up and down stairs. It was perfect! If you are traveling through the area, stay at the Boardman House Inn, it is very close to Gillette's Castle, the river boat, Goodspeed, Essex Steam Train and to wonderful restaurants. The innkeeper Mia, is a happy person and oversees that your visit meets and exceeds your expectations. Her french toast is delicious!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We recently had several terrific short stays at Boardman House. The Inn and its mostly 19th Century furnishings are full of character, as is Mia, the friendly Swedish owner. The place is immaculate and well-located near the Goodspeed Opera House, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfasts were wonderful. Each room has a charm all its own. We will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Elegant B&B a short distance from Goodspeed Opera House. Lovely rooms, gracious staff. A very nice breakfast. A good base for exploring the Connecticut River valley. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in that area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family