“Good food”

Ranked #21 of 78 Restaurants in East Hartford
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Alfresco's on several occassions and have always had a good meal and service. Their sauce is flavorful.

They have several specials for take out only at C & E. One is two meals for $22 (you have a choice of four or five options). Each meal comes with a salad and garlic bread. It's a great deal.

Their pizza is good too. Many options for toppings.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This place beats Roma's hands down. The atmosphere was friendly and the food was heavenly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is my go to place when I go out to eat with friends and family.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Food was okay, the service was very poor. Looks much better from the inside than it does from the outside of the buildin

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Look, this is not some fancy Italian restaurant but the food is really good and they have been there for decades. I eat there whenever I'm in the area because I can count on it to be consistently tasty and clean.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Al Fresco Ristorante and C & E Pizza have been around since 1974, but not in the same location, they started off smaller and across the street. C & E Pizza is Al Fresco's take out counter, like another reviewer stated. Al Fresco's dining room is average sized with a raised semi-private area in the center for parties. There is a small bar area and another counter area in the dining room. My family hasn't been there for years and recently decided to go back. On our first visit everything was on point -- service and food -- so we decided to go back again. I do have to say, both times we visited there were price discrepancies in their menu. Usually lunch is slightly less expensive than dinner with smaller portions, but sometimes the lunch prices are higher -- so if you go in for lunch ask for a dinner menu also. I ordered the Cheeseburger Club both times -- the first time it was excellent, this time it was overcooked and burnt -- it tasted burnt and the char was visible. The lunch Fish & Chips were ordered as well -- the fish was cook perfectly and tasted good. The fries on both plates were crispy, not burnt, and not greasy. The food came out at a good temperature, not hot but not cold -- we didn't have to wait to eat. The fish was suppose to come with garlic bread but we never saw it. Service was NOT on point today. There were two servers on and about 14 people in the restaurant, busy but not overwhelming for two servers. While the servers were both friendly, and did check back with us to see how our food was, the lack of detail/attentiveness was lacking. There were times when neither server was visible. It took me twenty minutes and 6 attempts to get a straw, even though the other drink came out with one in it. Besides forgetting the garlic bread all together the server had to go back because the coleslaw was forgotten -- which, when it came out was served in a small, two-bite, plastic container -- which was not the same portion we got on our first visit. Overall I'd say this restaurant is a crapshoot -- your meal quality & service experience depend on who's there, there's no consistency. I will also say that I will go back, the "offenses" were not so bad as to warrant a boycott of the restaurant. Maybe the third time will be a charm. (The ratings are based on the second visit only, not the first)

1  Thank DealMom