“Italian Restaurant with no ravioli!?”
Review of Nolita Ristorante

Nolita Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were road tripping and stayed at the Comfort Inn in E Hartford. Front desk recommended Nolita’s across the street. Perfect we thought as we walked across the street our mouths watering for Italian food.
NOT. Soup of the day? Thai with peanuts. Ravioli? “Oh no we haven’t had ravioli for MONTHS”
(then why is it still on the menu?)
Anyway, hubby ended up ordering a burger and fries. Good, but the bun was cold and untoasted.
I had the BLT Panini and salad. Panini was very good.
I must mention that when we walked in the door there was no one at the hostess station and the place was empty except for a person at the bar and a guy singing and playing guitar. We kept walking around and finally found someone to seat us.
Recommendation? If your tired and hungry and aren’t expecting a true Italian meal, then go for it.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Placed a takeout order on New Year's Eve, about 6pm. They told me 30 minutes, and I arrived 30 minutes later. The pleasant hostess informed me it was not ready and that it would be just a few minutes. Over the next 20-25 minutes, she returned several times to apologize and explain that they were short staffed due to the holiday. Since there was no one in the restaurant, it's hard to see how that would be a big problem. Finally got my food (2 pizzas, a salad, and desserts) and made the mistake of not checking it. One of the pizzas was not at all what I ordered and they were stone cold. The incorrect pizza appeared to have been cooked several hours earlier and had the consistency of shoe leather, which means it was pretty much inedible. I did not bother going back or calling, since I was not going to wait another hour or go out in extreme cold. The only thing that earns this a rating of 2/5 instead of 1/5 was the very nice hostess.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Our whole experience was not good. It looks like a nice Italian restaurant. Prices are comparable to Burton's or Market Grille. Great, I order arancini ( my favorite) and my husband ordered cheesey garlic bread. Arancini was blah. Consistency not right. I wish I had pictures of the garlic bread. It was not even toasted and had melted mounds of mozzarella on top of three little pieces of untoasted bread ($9) my husband ordered pasta with vodka sauce. Looked like they spilled oil in it. Her said it tasted ok but was so oily. I ordered truffle fries. They had too much truffle oil on them but were ok. I also ordered falafel sliders. I also love falafels! Not these. B on three sliders I maybe, maybe had one whole falafel. For the prices, not worth it. For the quality... Definitely not worth it. Service was slow and had to call over for drinks. They did not check on us until we called them over. I showed him the inside of sliders and he said "oh. I'll let the kitchen know". Not a good experience. Will not go back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The place is not the good one to recommend. Very noisy, poor cocktails and it’s takes forever for them to bring to your table. Just for a burger and three sliders we waited almost an hour. Server was the victim, he was the only one to offer an apologies. Management didn’t show up. I you can avoid the place, do it.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Based upon Tripadvisor's ranking (was higher then), we went here. Big mistake. The action was in the bar area where a football game was on. We were seated around the corner. Nice table coverings. The waiter brought our drinks, then everything imploded. He finally came back to take the order which took forever to get. In the meantime 2 tables became occupied and they were served before us and got their bill before us.

I walked into the bar area and asked for the manager. "Oh, I will get her". 15 minutes later the bartender came to our table and said the manager was straightening things out in the kitchen but would talk to us shortly. SHE NEVER SHOWED UP.

The only reason this review didn't get the lowest rating is that the food was decent.

1  Thank James M