“Use cilantro!!!!!”

Add it.
Crazy Chicken Grill
Ranked #32 of 86 Restaurants in East Hartford
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I had a feeling that I should try this place before I brought people here. I wanted to love this place. I dont care if its dingy. Some of the best Hispanic food ive had was in the poorest of neighborhoods. The waitress was very nice. Because of her, im going to just make suggestions on necessary improvements. First, dont have a temper tantrum screaming two yr old running through the place. Second, salsa is not just tomatos with onions. You need cilantro, garlic and jalapeños. Your tortilla chips should be salted. Tacos should always be served with a little sour cream. There should be salt shakers on the table.And talking to someone about security and getting license plate numbers should never be heard by customers. Maybe i ordered the wrong things. The beef in the tacos had nice seasoning. But thats about it. I saw very few puerto rican dishes on the menu. Sorely disappointed.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

The food mix has Mexican, Porto Rican, Salvadorian, etc. The mex is limited to more or less the basics. There is a variety og mex/s american burgers. The thing to try is a sampling of the various other cuisines and enjoy in sharing and sampling!

Reviewed 7 December 2014 via mobile

First off, this is a gluten free restaurant! :)
Also, it is family owned and operated, homey, "soul food" and the best "Mexican" food that I have had since I went to Mexico last year :)
Every ingredient is fresh (never frozen), made in-house and delicious enough to make the tastebuds do a happy dance!
And on the weekends, they have karaoke and dancing.
So what are you waiting for?!

Reviewed 24 October 2014

This tasty restaurant is in a dingy little plaza w/ almost as many empty store fronts as occupied. But it has been around for awhile so we decided to give it a try. While I am not as an adventurous eater as my husband, I tried the pork papoosa. It was a little bland but the grilled tortilla gave it flavor and the salsa brought to the table earlier was good w/ it. The salsa was thinner than I'm used to but the chunks are really fresh and the cilantro gave it a nice zing. The tortilla soup was very chunky and redolent w/ cilantro. Hubby was very satisfied w/ his beef and chicken tortilla. The server was quite attentive and the cost was more than reasonable. She informed us they are adding to their menu to make it a little more "crazy" soon.