“Wonderful menu with something for everyone ”
Review of Martel

Martel
Ranked #11 of 246 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: bistro and bar food. Very good place; I'd like to review it.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Martels is a great place for interesting food that is well prepared. Whether you’re in the mood for soup and a salad or a sandwich or a full meal, Martels is the place to go. Great bar, too! Try the cold seafood platter and the coconut cake!!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

This space has been the home to a number of restaurants. For years the "Breakaway" was a solid choice for food and drinks. After that time a succession of so-so restaurants occupied this small building. We ahd been tio Martel yeara ago when it first opened and were not impressed. We decided to try it again and were pleasantly surprised with the menu and the decor. There are more menu selections that a number of its competitors, My meat loaf and mashed potatoes were slathered with gravy that took away any hint of meat loaf taste. The mashed potatoes were good enugh as long as they were not covered with the gravy. I also had a chocolate mouse trio of white chocolate, dark chocolate,and mild chocolate which was quite good. it was served in three small bowls. We decided that we would give Martel another try as the prices were reasonable.Teh restaurant is still small requiring you to slither by the bar crowd to get to the restaurant area. The service was good enough.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Always great..... love the meatloaf... consistent and staff is always wonderful. Just wish it was bigger

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I hadn't been to Martel's in several years. The owner's previous restaurant, Pane Vino's, was one of our all time favorites ( in the world). When it closed and the owner opened Martel's the ambiance and the menu selection was not a gourmand's delight Nice pub atmosphere but when my wife and I go out to dinner it's not really our thing. Our son was in town visiting and we wanted to go somewhere locally where we could be very casual and have a decent meal.We decided to pay Martel's another visit. Wow were we blown away by the breadth of the menu and the quality of the dishes that came to our table! Truly gourmet fare, mouth watering and delicious: coquille St. Jacques, pumpkin ravioli, duck confit, two entrees that were specials that night: duck breast and monkfish. Bravo Martel's, bravo. Needless to say we will be back to Martel's in the very near future. The only thing preventing me from giving this 5 stars, is that without reservations and the tight quarters in the bar area ...the wait can be tough...it's part of the reason the pub scene, for dinner, is not our thing. The food however was worth the inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I’m had tryed this restaurant with my friend.. food is good.. anything of rare o exceptional.. was good the waitress,very friendly and delicious wheat bread. Price is right for menu. Thank you.. see you again however