“Great place for take out”
Review of Lotus Grill

Lotus Grill
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Decided to try out the Lotus Grill after years of driving by it. The place is small, they have some tables inside, but we decided to get take out. We ordered the Crispy Spring Rolls (with pork) and the Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls. They were delicious. Crispy as advertised and the filling was very satisfying. I also tried the Salt and Pepper Squid appetizer. The squid was lightly battered and fried and came with some slices of pepper and onion. For our entrees, my wife ordered the Vermicelli with the grilled chicken. Vermicelli are angel hair rice noodles that came with shredded lettuce, cuke, carrots, mint, basil and peanuts with a sauce. She liked it b/c it wasn’t heavy and was quite refreshing. I ordered the Pho, with the rare beef. You have to put it together at home, but it’s worth the trouble. I heated the broth and layed out the raw beef into the noddle bowl and topped it off with the scallions, onion, cilantro, bean sprouts, basil and lime. Poured the hot broth over the noodles and the beef, which was sliced so thinly, it cooked to perfection in the bowl. I will definitely try this place out again. The prices are reasonable and the portions are a decent size.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

We have been stopping at Lotus Grill for years if we happened to be in the area at lunch time. We have pretty much always gotten a bowl of pho. I had pretty much settled in on the Special Beef pho. We had sort of started timing our trips to or through Farmington so as to be there at lunch time. But we recently took a look at their on-line menu and at the TripAdvisor reviews and came to realize that, although their pho is great, we had been missing out on a lot of other tasty stuff. We will remedy that in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Came with my visiting daughter and grandsons for a light dinner. The boys over the fried chicken dumplings but the chicken satay was disappointing. The adults all ate the pancake and spring rolls and enjoyed them. There used to be more chicken in them but since the chicken was a little rubbery I didn't mind.

1  Thank Rohrshack
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The pho is tummy. I love the spring rolls. But my must have is the Vietnamese Crepe filled with chicken, shrimp, mushrooms and bean sprouts.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

usually take outs; order exactly as requested. cindy, the proprietor, excellent chef and very nice person