“Quality!”

Lotus Grill
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

No frills; just fresh, tasty food. We had two kinds of pho and both were delicious. We had the place almost to ourselves for a mid-afternoon lunch.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This small restaurant isn't much to look at on the outside, or even, the inside, but you can't beat the food or the price. The quality of the dishes have stayed consistent over many years. The summer rolls are wonderful. Our daughter loves the house wanton soup. We've tried many main dishes and have never been disappointed. This is a great place to sit and have a quiet conversation and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We were in the area and hungry but couldn't decide what to eat. We decided to stop at the next restaurant we saw, no matter what, and the Lotus Grill it. We were a little concerned because of the outside appearance but we were hungry and pressed for time. We had also never had Vietnamese food. We crossed our fingers and entered.
Upon entering we noticed there wasn't much seating, like other reviewers have mentioned, but luckily there was a table opened. We quietly took a seat and were greeted warmly. We could tell by the interactions between the customers and our server that the customers were regulars -- very regular. This made us feel more comfortable with our decision to eat here. (There was also a steady stream of take-out customers while we were dining.)
We were not familiar with the food so we order items from the lunch menu that sounded safe and familiar. Our food arrived hot and we were happy with our choices. The lunch portions were a nice size and everything smelled fantastic. I will admit I wasn't expecting the Vermicelli to look the way it did but I picked up my chopsticks and dug in -- it tasted great! No one had any leftovers!
We are glad that we stopped and that we didn't let appearances deter us -- we will definitely eat here again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Very popular Vietnamese restaurant. Of course Pho is their popular dish. But I get the Vietnamese crepe every visit. Sooo yummy!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Decided to try out the Lotus Grill after years of driving by it. The place is small, they have some tables inside, but we decided to get take out. We ordered the Crispy Spring Rolls (with pork) and the Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls. They were delicious. Crispy as advertised and the filling was very satisfying. I also tried the Salt and Pepper Squid appetizer. The squid was lightly battered and fried and came with some slices of pepper and onion. For our entrees, my wife ordered the Vermicelli with the grilled chicken. Vermicelli are angel hair rice noodles that came with shredded lettuce, cuke, carrots, mint, basil and peanuts with a sauce. She liked it b/c it wasn’t heavy and was quite refreshing. I ordered the Pho, with the rare beef. You have to put it together at home, but it’s worth the trouble. I heated the broth and layed out the raw beef into the noddle bowl and topped it off with the scallions, onion, cilantro, bean sprouts, basil and lime. Poured the hot broth over the noodles and the beef, which was sliced so thinly, it cooked to perfection in the bowl. I will definitely try this place out again. The prices are reasonable and the portions are a decent size.