“Great effort”

Gideon's BBQ Smokehouse
Ranked #60 of 95 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the burnt ends sandwich which was tasty. Brisket was flavorful and tender. Loved the freshcut fries! Smoked wings were crisp outside and juicy inside. Not particularly a fan of dry rub but my husband loved them. Also had the banana bread chocolate chip bread pudding which was delicious! Would definitely return.

1  Thank Cheryl R

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Gideon's BBQ is a surprising great place for BBQ if you are in a rush for lunch or a quick dinner. Nothing fancy, order at the counter, a roll of paper towels at each table and bottles of different sauces to select from. They have daily specials and great salad combinations. You can't go wrong with the prices either. We will definitely go there again for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I stopped into the BBQ to pick up a surprise family meal. Cost was the first surprise $38 for what they called a family picnic but each order fed 2 people. Over salted meat....Sweet Potato sour and unedible....$38 seriously I really want to rate it 0. Zero!!

1  Thank Laurie H
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

The family tried Gideon's and thought the food was good. Great service, friendly, and a good selection of BBQ. We ordered ribs, turkey, and kids mac-and-cheese. I would go back again

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Follow up visit after a several year hiatus. Very happy with the quality and flavor of the food. It seems like the menu has improved and become both more upscale and with flavors more widely appealing since my last visit which was when the restaurant first opened. I got the Classic Mac & Cheese which was creamy & cheesy with 3 cheeses. Pulled pork was mixed in - yum! My husband got the half rack ribs dinner and my son the beef brisket dinner. We loved the selection of bbq sauce that you are invited to bring to your table. We sampled several and compared favorites. The portions are perfect. Not too much, not too little. Husband and son also ordered the carmelized cornbread sundae which looked outrageous! Great job, Gideon's! We will be back very soon!