“Try the Russian Rocks Cookie! ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Black Forest Pastry Shop
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Greenwich
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Black Forest for many years and always walk out with a Russian Rocks cookie for the road. It is one of their originals and goes well on a Saturday afternoon. The owners and staff are very accommodating and will always work to meet your special requests. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I have been to this shop many times. Great selection of pastries, cakes, cookies. All so tempting so it is hard to make up your mind if you just want one of something sweet. Great coffee too

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I visited yesterday, 3 December 2016, to purchase their legendary pastry and scones.

Positives:
The selection was good with everything purchased of freshly baked quality.

Negatives:
1. the Hispanic cashier is not honest.
2. she handed me a receipt that listed a few of the items I purchased and many items
that I did not purchase. When I enquired about the discrepancy, she replied, "It does not matter. The price is the same."
3. When I repeatedly insisted upon a correct receipt showing precisely what I had purchased, she slyly acknowledged that she had overcharged me and handed the difference between the credit card charge versus the correct charge sum in cash. Not a good sign.

Assessment:
A return visit is doubtful. With the assorted complexities of modern life, who needs additional problems on what should have been a positive, happy experience?

3  Thank requedieu
Reviewed 9 November 2016

It's not near as good as DiMare and certainly isn't as reasonably priced. But, it's a good option for the area if you are on/near the Ave.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This place is the best. Reminds me of my German parents. They this imported specialty bread, marzipan, Haribo Advent Calendars - plus good coffee AND homemade pastries. If you have German or European relatives you will recognize many of the products. Not like any generic chain coffee shop - this really feels special.