“Love this place, the Pad thai is unbeatable”

Friendly Thai Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Description: We are a small family-run Thai restaurant located near EB. We serve a variety of thai cuisines created from family recipes.
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Me and the missus are big fans of Thai food for three big reasons

1. It's delicious (duh!)
2. Being vegetarian Indians, we really appreciate the amazing options they have
3. Thai food is the closest in terms of spice levels that we both enjoy

This small charming restaurant scores top marks on all the criteria. The owner and the staff (I believe it is run by a family, not sure) are extremely friendly and will patiently cater to all your dietary whims : For eg, i am known as the no egg, no mushroom, more noodles, less veggies guy....yeah, a vegetarian who hates veggies (go figure)!

However, barring only a couple of hiccups we have always received exceptional food and service! And yes, I agree with other reviewers, this is one of the best thai places I've ever been to! It's a bit on the smaller side, so groups larger than 6-8 people might find it a bit cozy...

My only grouch is they're closed on Mondays now. My hankering for Pad Thai went unfulfilled yesterday.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I have eaten at Friendly Thai almost every week since it opened a few years ago - that's a testament to how much a love the food and the owners. Real Thai food made with fresh ingredients by a Thai cook can't be beat and Friendly Thai is all that.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

I heard from a friend who found it randomly on yelp that this was some of the best thai she'd had in CT since moving from California. I have only been once so far, but the green curry I had was definitely one of the best I've ever had and the fresh rolls were huge and very fresh. It's small inside, but great for takeout - grab a paper menu when you go because they don't seem to have a website with the menu online.

Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Awesome little family run place in a 110 year old house/bar. Service was great. Atmosphere great. Food outstanding!

Reviewed 5 February 2015

First time here and hadn't eaten all day. Started off with the Crab Rangoon which were smaller than the ones I'm use to but tasty nonetheless. Next came the Rice Soup....fantastic!!!! For me it was the perfect touch of ginger, wanted to get a quart to go but I'm staying in a hotel without a fridge. My entree was the Pad Thai with chicken and a touch of spicy, just as good as it sounds. Can't wait to come back, great find thanks to trip advisor!!

2  Thank Paul C