“Needs more heat”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Spiced dish needed a bit more heat. Just ask for hot oil on the side. Ting ting shrimp surprised us with pork in addition to very large shrimp. An excellent choice Food choices for Meals were plentiful with very large portions. Prices ok. Only negative. The food didn't stay hot on the table at all.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The food reminded me more of what I ate in China than American Chinese food. With that being said it was just okay. Egg roll good! Staff and customers speak Chinese so that may support my food opinion. Fast take out service.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I ordered the chicken fried rice, chicken mei fun noodles, spring roll and the crab cheese wontons. I didn't care for the flavor but it wasn't bad. I didn't care for any of it but ate the mei fun noodles after taking a lot of chicken out. If you like meat in your dishes, they provided a lot! The food wasn't horrible, it just didn't gave the tasteIm used to. All Chinese food tastes different and this restaurant came recommended by two of my hotel staff so you may like it.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I had a meal delivered to the Hilton Garden Inn. Food was delivered in about 15 minutes. They knew I was at a hotel so they provided plates, plastic ware, and napkins. Food arrived hot and it was good! I would recommend this place if your staying at the Hiton!

Reviewed 15 May 2016

We probably eat dinner from the Chinese Kitchen once a week (take out) but decided to dine in last night. The restaurant itself is small, nicely decorated in a Chinese flair. Not a romantic or a fine dining experience, but food is plentiful and mostly consistent. The Crab Ragoons are delicious, a small order that contains 6 for only $5. I've previously had and loved their chicken wings! Last night I ordered the ragoons, and a combination platter of Chow Mein with Roast Pork (my fave!) it comes with a generous portion of pork fried rice and an egg roll. My husband had his Roast Pork Almond Ding Combination platter.

My pros: Good Food
Quantity is amazing, you get two meals from one order
Reasonably priced.
Cons: Inconsistent, for example, noodles served with Chow Mein have been skinny noodles, to medium size, to the ones they serve with sauce when you arrive (which are the best

For take out, we've ordered Pork and received Chicken
Sometimes there seems to be a language barrier (not understanding what we want when we order maybe (pork vs Chicken)

Last night our crab Ragoons were delivered after our meal was almost finished and I never received the hot tea I ordered.

Aside from the above cons, we've really enjoyed the food at Chinese Kitchen. Sometimes it exceptionally good, other times it's just good, but always good. I wouldn't call the staff friendly, but not unfriendly....seemingly consistent with the Chinese Culture. Our waiter last night was very friendly, and he had to leave for another job mid dinner.

Bottom line is we will continue to order Take Out. I waffled on rating a 3 or a 4, but because there has been some inconsistency feel a 3 is warranted.

Been to The Chinese Kitchen? Share your experiences!