“Good pastas and an awesome burger”

Guilford Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Guilford
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Had a nice lunch with my wife while the kids are in camp! Pasta and a bistro burger were the calls for the day. Both were excellent as was the service and it's all very reasonably priced for the quality of the food. The portions were so large we brought home leftovers!

1  Thank grenz2017

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

8/4 my wife & I met my daughters in-laws from Canada for dinner in Madison CT while returning my BOSTON grandchildren to their dad after their weeks stay with us. The Canadian couple, Lily & Sammy had been camping at near by hammonasset beach state park. This has been their family summer tradition for over 30 years. So needless to say we relied upon them to choose a restaurant.
Although we were in Madison they recommended Guilford Bistro & Cafe. It was about 15 minutes away but worth the trip. They had been coming to this place since it opened about 17 years ago.
The first thing we noticed was the enchanting outdoor seating which was very inviting but the night was too cool to sit outside.
Since Lily and Sammy & their large Canadian family had been dinning there over the year the greeting we received was like we had just come home. I had never been hug this much by people I just met. And then we were shown to a table for four in the back where could admire the art and intimate lighting of the rest of room. BTW I believe there may have been a total of 20 or so tables.
We sat and chatted for 30 minutes while we were served our drinks, warm bread and dishes of seasoned olive oil.
Sammy ordered fried calamari as an appetizer which came out hot and served with a warm spicy tomato sauce. While munching on these we finally ordered our entrees.
Lily had the veal dish, Sammy had the fish with a side of pasta, my wife had shrimp over angel hair pasta and I had the bolognese over a thick pasta. All the dishes were cook to perfection but since I tasted only mine I have to say it was fantastic. There were chunks of sausage along with the green peas and meat. The sauce was not too sweet or salty and very savory.
All and all it was a great dinner served to perfection and departing hugs.
You will have to make reservations since they book early.
Bin Appetite!

1  Thank Joel K
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Not sure why I avoided this place for so long. We've been here a few times in recent weeks and each time have been very happy with our meals. Most recently I had a great salad loaded with beans and veggies topped with blackened shrimp. I think that's going to become my standard. My friend love the pasta specials. Decent wine list and good martinis. We always sit at the bar which is spacious and comfortable.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Food is excellent, and I always go home with enough leftovers for another meal. Although they serve wine, you can bring your own bottle. The corkage fee is reasonable. Service is friendly and prompt.

Our favorite local restaurant for a nice evening out as a couple or with friends.

1  Thank lilyemmaalec
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time visiting Guilford Ct and what a great town! We read reviews for the Guilford Bistro on Trip Advisor and it sounded great so we went for dinner tonight. We both decided on specials ( filet mignon and fig glazed halibut over risotto) although the whole menu looked amazing.
First, the atmosphere and staff we fantastic. It's a smaller restaurant with inside and patio seating. We started off with a truffle Parmesan fry appetizer that came with a pesto aioli dipping sauce. You may be thinking french fries? But this appetizer truly is outstanding. Just the perfect amount of Parmesan and truffle oil to compliment the pesto aioli sauce. We then ordered the filet mignon with s gorgonzola cheese and garlic mash potatoes and a grilled halibut in a fig glaze with a cheesy risotto. The presentations were beautiful and the portions were extremely generous. My husband loved his filet and said it was so tender and juicy. One of the best he has ever had. My halibut was amazing. It was the best fish dish I have ever had. I love fish and have had many amazing meals but the texture, taste, and combination with the fig glue and slivered almonds knocked it out of the park !! If you are in the New HavenCounty area make sure to have a meal at the Guilford Bistro. You will be glad you did. Thanks to everyone there for an Amazing dining experience!:)

1  Thank Anette B