“Top Shrimp & Grits in CT”
Review of Mikro

Mikro
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in Hamden
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly, you will find some of the best Shrimp & Grits in this bar! I’m from Savannah, Ga and know grits done right. The food is just as good as the beer and the waiters and bartenders help you pair your meals or snacks. Love this place for a chill night out with the hubby or after work spot for wings and beer.

The only place to top Mikro for Shrimp & Grits in Connecticut is Bella’s in New Haven.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

As a regular I had come to appreciate the great drinks and food at Micro. I even enjoyed regularly seeing the same bartender who was always courteous and quick. As a weekly routine I'd bring home brunch to my wife on Sundays and this was never an issue (Benedict to go). Every weekend, we're pleased and look forward to the next brunch.

This weekend it suddenly was an issue after months of coming to Micro. I spoke with a manager and was told that "it doesn't travel well". When I said I disagreed and would still like to order, I was firmly told "no". This also was the view stated by the owner as well. I live less than five minutes away and can personally attest to how the food travels well.

At this point, I can understand two things about the owner/management. First, his preferences are more important than the customers. Second, he is clearly aware of how packed and successful his business is and doesn't mind losing a customer here and there. I'd understand and even expect this type of attitude in Williamsburg, parts of Brooklyn or in Manhattan. The problem is that this isn't even New Haven, it's Hamden.

-A disappointed and (former) regular

2  Thank cjsurfer999
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The place is typically pretty busy for dinner, but it's worth the short wait. The food is always fresh and delicious. They even have a great selection of locally brewed beers

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Great small plates to share, sandwiches, and full plates. The fried chickpeas were so good we had to try making them at home! Really clever combination of ingredients. The Gen'l Tso's Cauliflower is a great take on a roasted vegetable with a fun flavors.

The fried shrimp sandwich was very well done and devoured quickly. The pork belly Bahn Mi was similarly well seasoned but I could only handle 1/2 of it! It heated up nicely the next day.

Loved the beer menu - extensive. The waitress was excellent at sensing our indecision and helped with allowing us samples.

I cannot wait to go back and try more of the appetizers.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Enjoy tasting their latest brew find. They always have a wide selection of locally brewed fair.......

Been to Mikro? Share your experiences!