All reviews seafood restaurant chowder pot front desk room was clean outdoor pool breakfast was excellent free breakfast hot tub yogurt right next door close to downtown new england water pressure one night stay easy access business center downtown hartford
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Good reasonable hotel. The check in staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was nice but nothing to write home about. The breakfast staff were nice. There is an excellent seafood restaurant that was recommend by the front desk,The Chowder Pot. It's right next door

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Chowder Pot shout out!!! Thank you so much for your review we appreciate you staying with us and even more your kind words. e hope to see you again soon.

My best, Lindsey Struck

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Truck broke down selected this hotel since near the shop.. extremely impressed with stay.. business computers need updating overall was a good stay friendly attentive staff if problem arises they get right on it to fix ...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hi David,

I hope your truck is back up and running and I truly appreciate your staying with us. We hope to see you again but as you pass through not because of your truck!

Mu best,

Reviewed 31 August 2018

My children and I stayed at this location and were accused/charged for three pillows that they claim we took and did not. I contacted the manager when I saw the $200 fee on my credit card - I was shocked! I have never had this happen - wondering if this hotel makes these false claims to increase their revenue.

Room Tip: Most rooms that we walked by on the lower level smelled like pot, try to ask for a non-smoking area.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Good day,

I am truly sorry that this happened I agree and prefer not to charge for items that go missing it is terrible. We would never falsely charge or charge hidden fees that is not our intention. We certainly would never try to intentionally make income based upon fees. We are here to create lasting experiences and the pillows were charged at our cost and delivery. We did go ahead and credit you for these though and appreciate your time.

My best,

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We were disappointed at how we were treated at this hotel. Although the bed was very comfortable the room had a lingering odour, the bathroom and fittings were very tired and in need of refurbishment. On checkout staff insinuated we had been smoking in the room (2 of us, non-smokers!) and that would be cause for loss of the cash hold ($200) we had to pay on top of the room fee already paid at check in. This was ultimately put right by the hotel manager and we left nearly an hour late for our onward journey. Not the way to treat overseas visitors who had not had any previous problems in 21 weeks of travel in the USA/Canada.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Good morning,

I cannot begin to apologize enough for the issues you experienced here at the hotel. I am in the process of investigating how t could have possibly happened that we thought you were smoking and of course we believe you were not. I would love the opportunity to hear more about what happened and how I can make it right. I hope you will give me an opportunity to make it better.

With that said thank you so much for giving us this feedback as it allows me the opportunity to re-train the team on certain procedures in order to give each guest a perfect stay. I can be reached at gm.hartford@jnrhotels.com if you are willing to speak more about this and how I can make it right.

Until then thank you for choosing to stay with us in Hartford and I hope you have a fantastic day.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Hotel was clean and rooms were roomy. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was average. Was here for hockey showcase. One complaint was the washer and dryer, there was only one set and several times the wait was very long. Hotel was sometmes far for other resturants. Area was more commercial.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

I certainly hope that you will come back and visit us again soon. Thank you so much for the lovely review. I hope that you Grandchildren's hockey games go well and you are the winning end. Until next time have a great day.

My best,